PDA

View Full Version : P21s Or Nxt After Car Is Prep?

HeavyChevyBoy
04-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Hello Everyone,

I finally finished my friends 2002 Black VW. Which on my earlier post I introduced new micro scratches using DACP and can`t seem to take off. I tried my best to AIO it twice and I can`t get rid of them. So, this is what I did. Using my somewhat noisy PC.

DACP with Orange pad

AIO x2 with White pad

SG with Black pad (got tired and left it on overnight) removed next day.

2 coats of NXT

The car looks great! My question are would it be better to use the P21S rather than the NXT? Or, should I put the P21s on top of the NXT? Will this do any chemical reaction on the paint?

We also took the car on the racetrack the next day it was detailed. Drove 150 miles on the rain and raced the car for 3-15 minutes lap. When we got home the car was dirty. It seems like all the dirt on the road stuck to the paint and it did not slide. I think I just wasted 13 hrs for nothin. Or, was I expecting too much? What`s the next move?

Should I AIO the car again after washing and SG? Or, just wash and wax? NXT or P21S?

Thanks

groebuck
04-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Hmm I an not sure NxT over SG is a good idea - I think NxT has some cleaning ability and will remove the SG? (someone smarter than me can confirm). The PS21 would be a good topper - IMO I would use SG or NxT not both (since they are both sealants). my 2 cents :)

HeavyChevyBoy
04-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi Groebuck,

Do you think this is why the car got really dirty right away?

I did the same method on the Audi I am working on. You think it`s cool to put a layer of P21s over the NXT?

2wheelsx2
04-21-2004, 12:08 PM
I think either the NXT or the S100 is fine. But S100 is better because it has no cleaners.

However, you are expecting too much if you expect a vehicle to stay clean after a track day. Bug, and dirt driven in the car at over 100 MPH will not slide off, no matter what kind of protection you put on it. Between the speed and the heat generated from friction (yes, friction from the air), the paint would have been hot.

The telltale will be the wash. Everything should wash off easily.

HeavyChevyBoy
04-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Hi Anthony,

You`re prbbably correct that I expect to much. Anyway, I will be keeping the car for 3 weeks since my friend will be going on vacation. I`ll start over again when I have the time well, actually I will have lots of time. I`ll do AIO, SG, then stay with the P21S. I don`t have S100. Is that the same as P21S?

Thanks

2wheelsx2
04-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Heh, heh, I guess I need to clean up that sig. Anthony is who I quoted. :)

Anyway, S100, if you search around here, is the same as P21S, but is marketed for motorcyclists, and is quite a bit cheaper.

HeavyChevyBoy
04-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Sorry, `bout that Gary. That Bold Red Anthony Orosco caught my eye first.

Thanks for the tip. I`ll search for the s100 and save some dough.

Ricky

Jesstzn
04-21-2004, 12:56 PM
AIO isn`t going to get rid of the DACP mars .. if DACP is all you have you might try it on a white pad and buff till it breaks down .. the less agressive pad may reduce the marring. I had the same problem with my VW and DACP on a yellow pad.

I used Menzerna IP on a Megs cutting pad and it took care of the DACP marring.

2wheelsx2
04-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

AIO isn`t going to get rid of the DACP mars .. if DACP is all you have you might try it on a white pad and buff till it breaks down .. the less agressive pad may reduce the marring.

Oops, missed this part of the post. Jesstzn is right. I have never experienced this phenomenon of micro-marring with DACP. I use DACP with a yellow Meguiar`s pad exclusively for swirls, and the finish is always perfect.

Try the method mentioned above, and if it doesn`t work, and you want to stick with the Meguiar`s line instead of Menzerna like Jesstzn suggested, you can use #9 or SFP with a polishing pad.

HeavyChevyBoy
04-21-2004, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I might have a bottle of the Meg #9. I don`t have any Manzerna products. I will try using the #9 on the Orange Pad and white pad and see what happens. I will also try the DACP on the white pad and hopefully it`ll get rid some of the micro scratches that I introduced to the car.