PDA

View Full Version : 3m Img & Ihg

BryanPendleton
04-21-2004, 07:51 AM
I purchased these products a few years back. I had great success with them early on, but lately I have been having a horrendous time removing the IMG or IHG once I have applied it. I apply with a PC around the 5 setting. I have both cotton and MF for removal but I still get in cases where I cannot get the IMG or IHG off. It the product aging, or is my techinque or work time changing. Could anyone share their experiences with these products? Or perhaps recommend a different product that is easier to remove.

6']['9
04-21-2004, 01:20 PM
i think your sped is too fast.. on the ihg do it by hand but make sure you apply it as light as posible. i did that once on a black car and it came out with a bunch of oily smears. so be careful. IHG is bad *** as long as you apply it as light as you can youll be happy with the results

imported_FordTaurus
04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
I`m not sure what to suggest except for knocking down the PC setting some (shouldn`t be making it any harder t get anything off, but certainly isn`t needed for IHG) and applying it thinly, thoroughly polishing it out until the IHG is just about dry.

breakneckvtec
04-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Give it a mist with some QD and then wipe clean with a MF if you having trouble. Also, with IHG I have found you really need to get out of the sun or its a bear to remove.

BryanPendleton
04-23-2004, 07:30 AM
I apply early in morning or late in evening on cool surface, so surface temp and sun is not my problem.

I am going to reduce the amount of product I use, then work it more until it is dry and see how that works.