PDA

View Full Version : smirking neighbours

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Yosemite Dan
04-20-2004, 11:09 PM
OK I`m pretty much a fanatic about keeping my car clean and shiny thru thick and thin but I`m starting to get self-conscious because of those cursed snickering neighbours. At minimum I wash the car twice weekly and that`s sunny weeks. You also get those times where you wash the car and the next day it rains and of course you have to wash it again because it`s sacrilegous not to. Also had those nights where the wax was put on a little too thick and the sun has set so out comes the table lamps to help light up the driveway so I can finish buffing at 11:00. Very entertaining for the neighbours to watch.

The looks I`ve gotten from neighbours is priceless when they see me out there waxing the license plate but it has gotten to the point where I know they`re laughing behind my back everytime I pull out my applicator. :shocked

Why can`t they understand it`s just a sickness and instead of laughing they should be admiring me. I don`t laugh at them when they spend the whole weekend on their garden. What`s so unusual about spending hours cleaning my car and then going online at night to tell other people how I clean my car.

Does anybody else have a case of the smirking neighbours everytime you pull out your hose.:p

tpgsr
04-20-2004, 11:11 PM
My neighbor (lives below me) just read the phone number on my truck, and called me up to ask how much to do his :)

94BlkStang
04-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Yosemite Dan

OK I`m pretty much a fanatic about keeping my car clean and shiny thru thick and thin but I`m starting to get self-conscious because of those cursed snickering neighbours. At minimum I wash the car twice weekly and that`s sunny weeks. You also get those times where you wash the car and the next day it rains and of course you have to wash it again because it`s sacrilegous not to. Also had those nights where the wax was put on a little too thick and the sun has set so out comes the table lamps to help light up the driveway so I can finish buffing at 11:00. Very entertaining for the neighbours to watch.

The looks I`ve gotten from neighbours is priceless when they see me out there waxing the license plate but it has gotten to the point where I know they`re laughing behind my back everytime I pull out my applicator. :shocked

Why can`t they understand it`s just a sickness and instead of laughing they should be admiring me. I don`t laugh at them when they spend the whole weekend on their garden. What`s so unusual about spending hours cleaning my car and then going online at night to tell other people how I clean my car.

Does anybody else have a case of the smirking neighbours everytime you pull out your hose.:p

Nope, my neighbor is very understanding. In fact he decided that he would paint my Mustang white one day. The only problem is my Mustang is black. Cost his insurance company $900.00 to get my two cars detailed. lol

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/14039p2200008-med.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2199p8230005-med.jpg

LouisanaJeeper
04-20-2004, 11:38 PM
lol, I remember reading about that. How did they get the paint off of the vert. top?

No, they think your crazy if you split the time between making the cars perfect and making the exterior/landscaping perfect.

imported_eggroll
04-20-2004, 11:45 PM
originally posted by Yosemite Dan

The looks I`ve gotten from neighbours is priceless when they see me out there waxing the license plate but it has gotten to the point where I know they`re laughing behind my back everytime I pull out my applicator.

Hehe that`s funny.

hmmm.. license plate, one spot I missed :D

yes my neighbor`s stare, they just hang outside and watch me go in and out of the garage carrying handfuls of supplies out to set up. I try to ignore them. They just don`t know any better

:lol

imported_Yosemite Dan
04-21-2004, 12:08 AM
For some reason they find it really amusing when I take out the tire gel. Then after finishing the tires I pull the car forward a bit and get the spot that I couldn`t reach originally that had been at the bottom. At that point they look at me as if I has just shot the pope. :eek: This of course is followed by :lol when in actuality their proper response should have been this. :bow

imported_eggroll
04-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Haha I hear ya :lol

Yes I have also gotten that look when I back up and down the driveway trying to get the rust off the brakes, and loosen up the water. Bah!

Gonzo
04-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Ignore them, after all, what do they know about "THE OBSESSION":cool:

scottabir
04-21-2004, 06:39 AM
My neighbors used to think it was comical to watch me wash/polish/wax my car in the garage when it was raining outside. :nixweiss I dont know whats worng with that...denial stage i guess :D

spotter
04-21-2004, 07:26 AM
Your neighbors are probably just jealous!

Forgive me for asking but why would you care what they think? Personally I am proud of the way my car looks.

Buick_guy
04-21-2004, 07:30 AM
My neighbours do the same thing to me, they just can`t understand that I love doing it!

imported_Faceman
04-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Funny about the "sickness" comment.

Perhaps we suffer from mild Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I think I`m serious, but not sure.

I get the same comments from my neighbours (<-- the correct spelling :) ), but lately they have been paying me to do theirs... so who`s laughing now :)

kustomsol
04-21-2004, 07:58 AM
Sounds like you`re setting an "bad example" their wives are asking them to emulate. And they are trying to make it go away with ridicule. I`ll bet the rest of the neighbourhood shapes up and tries to keep up with you. Hang in there!

Bill D
04-21-2004, 08:07 AM
I`m so eccentric about the cars, the neighbors are probably afraid of me ;) :D

kiwi133
04-21-2004, 08:50 AM
See the problem is nighbors only see the car from a distance. So as dirty as we let our cars get, from a distance looks glossy and gleaming. So it looks like we strut out and begin furiously cleaning an already clean car.

If they would just look up close and see there actually IS dirt on the car...

...nevermind, they would still pull out the crazy stamp.:D