PDA

View Full Version : Black Bikes Best Wax?

Pages : [1] 2

dodramos
04-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I am new to the site and fascinated by the fact that there are people nuttier than me about this stuff. My question is what would you think would be the best wax after a full Zaino treatment, (ZFX), on three black bikes I have done?

imported_chpsk8
04-20-2004, 10:06 PM
If you`re using Zaino, I wouldn`t add a thing. Here`s my black BMW K1200LT.

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/chpsk8/zainobag.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/chpsk8/zainotrunk.jpg

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/chpsk8/BMW-Black-sigpic.jpg

dodramos
04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks, couldnt imagine needing anything else. Nice Beemer!

2wheelsx2
04-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Wow! Nice reflections!

imported_chpsk8
04-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Zaino is the shiznit for sure! :)

Sveta
04-27-2004, 01:21 AM
Hand Polish, #26 Liquid, S-100

31 year old 1973 1/2 BMW R75/5.

Sveta
04-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Doesn`t have to be Zaino.

Sveta
04-27-2004, 01:42 AM
OK. A bad scratch on the tank. (My seven year old son "racing" my bike in the garage.) Told him not to worry, the scratch would be his someday.;)

Deanski
04-27-2004, 05:21 AM
I`ve used Souveran over Zaino on dark finishes for outstanding results!

Regards,

Deanski

jasonatv22
04-27-2004, 08:25 AM
As a black car owner, chpsk8, looking at those pictures where you have great, wonderful reflections, makes me think it could look so much better with a little carnauba on it. The paint just looks bare. Black is always a mirror.

I`ve done Zaino and it really didn`t add anything to my black.

Harley sells S100 for a reason. With such a small vehicle, why not use the best.

I`m not dissing your bike, sk8. Because it looks great. But I`d put some carnauba on it for the paint darkening alone.

Also, how do you mix up as little Zaino as you`d need for a bike?

dodramos
04-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Postwood,

Going out to get some S100. As for the mixing question: right now I have four bikes, two trucks and two cars; it ends up on something.

MD22

imported_chpsk8
04-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Postwood

As a black car owner, chpsk8, looking at those pictures where you have great, wonderful reflections, makes me think it could look so much better with a little carnauba on it. The paint just looks bare. Black is always a mirror.

I`ve done Zaino and it really didn`t add anything to my black.

Harley sells S100 for a reason. With such a small vehicle, why not use the best.

I`m not dissing your bike, sk8. Because it looks great. But I`d put some carnauba on it for the paint darkening alone.

Also, how do you mix up as little Zaino as you`d need for a bike?

Probably not a bad idea. I never thought if it because the Zaino makes everything look so good. With such a small canvas to work on it would be worth a try. I tend to shy away from wax on my vehicals because it doesn`t last as long as I wouldl like it to, and my free time gets less and less every day.

How about a coat of Meguires Gold Class? Will that fly? I could stop at the HD dealer to get some s100. But it might leak oil in my garage! :cool:

PS, I don`t use the accelerator with the Zaino, I didn`t like the results, it wasn`t as hard of a coating in my opinion.

imported_chpsk8
04-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

Doesn`t have to be Zaino.

Thats a sweet looking. I`d love to take that out on track day! :)

2wheelsx2
04-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by chpsk8

How about a coat of Meguires Gold Class? Will that fly? I could stop at the HD dealer to get some s100. But it might leak oil in my garage! :cool:

Don`t do Gold Class on top of any sealant, unless you want to remove it. :) Gold Class has some cleaners in it. Mild, but still enough to degrade your Z.

Sveta
04-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by chpsk8

Thats a sweet looking. I`d love to take that out on track day! :)

It`s been a good ride. I must admit that after 31 years I`m finally ready for a second bimmer. Black Montauk, Red RT or Red/Silver GS? How do you like the electro-hydaulic center stand on your LT? I got to get out of the house more.....:)