PDA

View Full Version : Any benefit to topping Klasse SG with NXT?

PDT447
04-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Or should they be used separately?

Was thinking of Klasse AIO+Klasse SG x2+NXT+ s100

a.k.a. Patrick
04-20-2004, 04:08 PM
You could always try and let us know !!

BradE
04-20-2004, 04:10 PM
The cleaners in NXT will remove some (maybe all) of the SG. Waste of time IMO. Just top the SG with S100.

PDT447
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by BradE

The cleaners in NXT will remove some (maybe all) of the SG. Waste of time IMO. Just top the SG with S100.

I know but I want to try the NXT! What about NXT then SG?? That would prolly work. Scottwax where are you!

2wheelsx2
04-20-2004, 05:11 PM
The SG will not bond properly to the NXT. IMHO, if you want to try NXT, do AIO on a panel, divide it into thirds, do 1/3 with NXT, AIO followed by SG and NXT on the second, and then SG only on the third. Over a month, you should be able to decide which way you want to go.

Never mind that NXT will remove some of the SG. Your test should tell you if any of the SG is left, since it`s more durable than NXT (in all likelihood, since data on NXT is still sparce).

BradE
04-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by PDT447

I know but I want to try the NXT! What about NXT then SG?? That would prolly work. Scottwax where are you!

SG won`t work over NXT. The oils and fillers in NXT will keep SG from bonding correctly.

Alexaris
04-20-2004, 05:32 PM
I tried it and love it, I dont know if is just the NXT by itself, but I had 3 coats of SG and the topped it with two coats by hand of NXT the look is so wet and after two months the car is still beading.

I think if you use the NXT by hand maybe you can remove a coat of SG, bot the shine and wetter look is well worth it

see my gallery to see the wet look of the grey audi

stilez
04-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Alexaris

I tried it and love it, I dont know if is just the NXT by itself, but I had 3 coats of SG and the topped it with two coats by hand of NXT the look is so wet and after two months the car is still beading.

I think if you use the NXT by hand maybe you can remove a coat of SG, bot the shine and wetter look is well worth it

see my gallery to see the wet look of the grey audi

I did the exact same thing (just SGx2) with the same results.

With just SGx2

http://mywebspace.quinnipiac.edu/stbusch/DSC01036.JPG

SGx2 topped with NXT

http://mywebspace.quinnipiac.edu/stbusch/DSC01040.JPG

Compare not only the swirl filling abilities, but the reflections off the hood and the fender. The NXT made it wetter, but the reflections mudded up a bit. It`s all in what you want.

Here`s an after with SGx2 + NXT

http://mywebspace.quinnipiac.edu/stbusch/DSC01042.JPG

Super Wet :D

Just for fun, here it is with SGx2, NXT, S100

http://img37.photobucket.com/albums/v114/GSRstilez/DSC01315.jpg

Jesstzn
04-20-2004, 09:52 PM
I have SG on all my car and the hood only is topped with NXT x 2 and tho it adds some depth, under 1000W of halogens you can see a loss of clairity on the NXT topped hood .. its like you dropped a drop of milk in a glass of pure clear water.

Don`t get me wrong .. it looks great but maybe confirms the *muddied* comment.

This is not noticable in natural light.

See Scott gets a black BMW 740 .. I get a blue Cavallier .. hrmmphhh

Scottwax
04-20-2004, 09:52 PM
I used NXT over AIO/SG on a black BMW 740 about 6 weeks after I had applied the Klasse twins and NXT deepened the color somewhat and had a wetter look. I don`t know if or how much SG was removed by NXT, but I applied NXT to the 740 in late January and didn`t wax it again until yesterday and it was beading nicely and the paint felt real smooth still.

Scottwax
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
Dee-I have heard others mention the `muddied` effect but since I normally only see customer`s cars in the daylight, I haven`t noticed it.

You can see, even on this metallic grey paint, NXT lets the metallic flakes clearly show through.

Scottwax
04-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Jesstzn

See Scott gets a black BMW 740 .. I get a blue Cavallier .. hrmmphhh

Porsche Cayenne Turbo and Lincoln Navigator today. p)

BTW, this is the 740 with AIO/SG/NXT

Jesstzn
04-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Scott I never noticed the clairity difference at all on the blue/silver/burgundy ones I did and it allowed the metallics to come through .. I just happened to notice it under the hallogens with the SG on the fender being 1/8" from the SG hood topped with NXT. Out of curiosity I used a little AIO on 4" of the hood next to the fender and applied SG and it was clear .. today I added NXT .. and it was visable.

Don`t get me wrong .. even under the light inless I pointed it out to you you wouldn`t pick up on it . ( well maybe you might but 99.9% wouldn`t ) . The only reason I picked up on it is cuz I was evaluating the hood for final spring polishing .. I been using the hood as a test bed. Thus my comment about *a* drop of milk in pure water.

Scottwax
04-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Dee-I just mentioned the metallics because there are others who have said that NXT muddies them up and I haven`t found that to be the case when I have used it.

I`m not really suprised that NXT isn`t as clear as Klasse though, since NXT will noticably darken most colors.