PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire and Carnuba topper?

trueblueblood
04-20-2004, 02:14 PM
My friend and co-worker who I`m trying to convert to Autopian standards:D, recently ordered a Blackfire kit for his white Z71 Chevy with gold trim. I thought for a white truck it would be a good choice, I would have normally recommended Zaino but I thought I would like to see something different :o . Since white is one of those colors that is hard to get a pop out of I think Zaino would look good but he needs some paint prep so the Blackfire and polish combo would be right up his alley, and some Scratch X for any thing the BF polish can`t get. I was thinkin I could give him some S100 to top it do you think it would make any difference? Thanks

imported_BretFraz
04-20-2004, 02:28 PM
I had good luck with this combo when BF first came out, in late 2001. I think there are a few people around now who are doing this combo. It should work well although I`m not sure how good the results will be on white. Do a side by side and see which one you guys like best.

trueblueblood
04-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks Bret I`m thinkin the same the blackfire by itself might be the best it can get on white but I think the side by side is worth a shot Thanks:up

shaf
04-21-2004, 03:09 AM
If this co-worker isn`t a car care fanatic (yet ;)) I wouldn`t confuse the issue at this point by introducing S100. BF was designed to give a carnauba-like look anyway, so it may make a difference, but I doubt that it`s worth it at this point.

My personal tilt on this is that while a kit like this makes a nice gift, a truly "Autopian" type gift would be a set of polishes with MFs, applicators, and a set of instructions. :)

trueblueblood
04-21-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

[

My personal tilt on this is that while a kit like this makes a nice gift, a truly "Autopian" type gift would be a set of polishes with MFs, applicators, and a set of instructions. :) [/B]

The cool thing is it came with a basic polish from the BF line a set MF pads and a couple MF towels. I got him to order some of Zaino`s leather care and tire dressing which is awesome stuff and a good tire ands wheel cleaner cause he was using that harsh sprayon hose off stuff so I think I got him set up right:) :up . Now if I can get him on this site I`m sure his checking account could shrink even further:D ! Yeah good call I don`t want to throw something else in the mix with the S100. I gotta to remember baby steps, but I get so enthusiastic about car care and products and technique when I start talkin to other people!:p Man if my wife only knew how deep my detailing obsession goes she`d send me to therapy. Hi my name is Zach and I`m a detailaholic. "HI ZACH";)

jinxxycat
04-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by true blue blood

Thanks Bret I`m thinkin the same the blackfire by itself might be the best it can get on white but I think the side by side is worth a shot Thanks:up

I am really interested in the side by side results, I have been considering using this combo on my car. I have used BF only on her since purchase, but looking to try new stuff since I found you all here.....adding to my madnezz....