PDA

View Full Version : QEW contain wax?

nizee
04-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Is it true that i heard QEW contain Wax?

Synthetic or Carnauba type wax or Silicon type?

tpgsr
04-20-2004, 01:38 PM
i dont believe so... I will look into it real quick, i have to call them back anyhow

tpgsr
04-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Well actually yes yes it does :)

I just talked to the VP and he said it contains a small ammount of a wax (he wasn`t specific), but he said it helps with the cleaning of the surface. He also said for mobile guys like me that the product is safe enough that you can throw it in the flower bed at the end of the day, and it will do no harm to the plants :)

nizee
04-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Sometimes i use it as a QD to clean out dust before sealant, cheap alternative to those specialize QD. Now i know i cannot use it if i want to layer Zaino or Menzerna FMJ next couple of days.

If there is "Carnauba" in QEW, then i may have durability issue what i have been doing all this while. :( :nixweiss :eek:

tpgsr
04-20-2004, 02:59 PM
The ammount of whatever wax is really nominal, it isn`t enough to really add a layer of protection or anything like that, it is enough to help the oher chemicals in the product lift any dust and dirt. Oh, and there are no silicones or derivitaves there of either (i asked that question too :) )

2wheelsx2
04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
Interesting...and good to know. Thanks dude. :up

reevis
04-20-2004, 03:27 PM
I was curious as to why QEW always leaves a shine that pops! :)

I`ve also been using it as a poor man`s QD...

Bill D
04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
I`m thinking if the wax is an issue you could always follow with an isopropyl alcohol mix

nizee
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by tpgsr

The ammount of whatever wax is really nominal, it isn`t enough to really add a layer of protection or anything like that, it is enough to help the oher chemicals in the product lift any dust and dirt. Oh, and there are no silicones or derivitaves there of either (i asked that question too :) )

tpgsr,

Thanks for the info and that was quick as QD. ;) :D :xyxthumbs

nizee
04-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

I`m thinking if the wax is an issue you could always follow with an isopropyl alcohol mix

It will remove my existing layers of wax/sealant or glaze(Prior to wax).

I may be using the Poorboy Spray & Wipe for this purpose. According to the manufacturer, it doesn`t contain Wax.

Bill D
04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Sounds like the solution :up