PDA

View Full Version : a good interior cleaner? no shine!!!

schrader
04-20-2004, 12:23 PM
hey guys im looking for a good interior cleaner for my dash and all the non-leather cockpit parts...

i tried vinilex and liked it but it was a bit shiny for my taste...i also like the fact that has UV protection

i was planning on 1z cockpit classic or the cockpit premium... but after reading some of the reviews here i am a little affraid!

so i need yoor opinion on some other products!! UV protection is important as is the NO SHINE finish

thanks!!!:up

SK2003TypeS
04-20-2004, 01:23 PM
When cleaning, I just wipe down the dash with a damp MF towel and then dry it. Then I use 303 to protect it (UV protectant). Leaves a matte finish.

LouisanaJeeper
04-20-2004, 01:23 PM
cockpit premium

onemansopinion
04-20-2004, 01:27 PM
I`m up in Tampa & also desire the UV protection without excess gloss ... I`ve used periodic applications of 303 for the UV protection & 1Z Cockpit Premium for regular overall interior cleaning/dusting ... both provide the desired matte finish.

chris0626
04-20-2004, 10:50 PM
You said you want a cleaner, right? -- now just a "QD" for the interior? I`ve switched to 1Z Plastik Reniger ever since my first use of it -- very thorough cleaner -- cleans aggressively but gently, if that`s possible -- and I haven`t noticed any sheen to it on my vinyl & faux leather interior components. I think 1Z`s Cockpit Premium is more like a QD for a cockpit that`s already clean, but DavidB could probably give you a more definitive answer.

But that`s just my own $.02.

imported_Twisted
04-20-2004, 11:21 PM
I just picked up some 303 the other day and used it on the black dash in my car and I must say it leaves very very little to no shine at all. Worked great in my Honda.

imported_eggroll
04-21-2004, 12:20 AM
I use 303 also, IMO it leaves a semi glossy shine, not quite matte.

imported_aqua
04-21-2004, 12:40 AM
I use Sonax Car Interior Cleaner. Nice scent and leaves a matte finish. Perfect for usual cleaning. I love it and my customers too.

Sometimes, 303. Fine finish and add UV protection.

Bobby G
04-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Lynn

You said you want a cleaner, right? -- now just a "QD" for the interior? I`ve switched to 1Z Plastik Reniger ever since my first use of it -- very thorough cleaner -- cleans aggressively but gently, if that`s possible -- and I haven`t noticed any sheen to it on my vinyl & faux leather interior components. I think 1Z`s Cockpit Premium is more like a QD for a cockpit that`s already clean, but DavidB could probably give you a more definitive answer.

But that`s just my own $.02.

1Z Plastic Reiniger is an excellent plastic/vinyl cleaner. One of the best I have ever come across.

It sounds like what you`re asking for, though, is an interior protectant.

1Z Cockpit Classic is no longer available in the States. It was a solvent based cleaner/protectant. I really like it, but there were a few reported issues.

1Z Cockpit Premium is a light cleaner (surfactant)/protectant that you can use on vinyl, rubber and coated leather. It`s safe enough and practical enough to use as a weekly interior detailing spray, if you are so inclined. What most people like about it is the flat/matte finish, ease of use, light cleaning and the fragrance.

schrader
04-21-2004, 06:32 AM
thanks for your replies... i think i`ll be ordering some 303 to protect and some 1Z cockpit premium to mantain!

thanks!