MY FIRST DETAIL

This is the plan ( By Hand )

Wash........Blue Dawn

Clay Bar......Mothers with spray Showtime for lube

Wash..........P21S

Polish............P21S cleansing lotion

Seal...........Klasse AIO

Top..........P21S Carnuba

My question is what to use as a applicator for these products?

I have read on this website about using foam pads, but in the case of Klasse AIO the bottle reads cotton terry....Any Advice?:nixweiss

Preachers Sheets
04-20-2004, 12:31 PM
I did:

wash

clay

3m smr

klasse aio

p21s

Came out awesome, better than I expected. I used foam pads for the products.

Dinzdale40
04-20-2004, 01:22 PM
I would use a folded 100% cotton terry towel to use the polish...that will give it more bite and you`ll get better results...I wolud skip the AIO step...cause the GEPC is gonna act like a glaze to the P21S wax...use the foam applicator that came with the P21S or if it`s dirty.....switch to a new foam applicator....

dubbadog
04-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the reply Dinzdale, but I don`t understand why I should skip the Klasse. Will these two react to each other or is it just not going to enhance the overall detail.?

jasonatv22
04-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Skip the Dawn.

Dawn is only something you might do before applying Zaino or some other sealant that has no cleaning properties. As it is, you`re using a cleaner, which will get rid of all the carnauba, but, actually, that`s not an issue since AIO etc would take care of that.

No need to dawn before clay. Any wax you had on there is three freakin` angstroms thick (Ok, I don`t know the actual thickness) but it won`t bother the clay.

I agree about not skipping the AIO. I`d skip the cleansing lotion.

raymond_ho2002
04-20-2004, 03:23 PM
AIO and P21S cleansing lotion are substitute products. Use one or the other when you`re finishing with a carnauba wax.

The cleansing lotion will leave oils behind, so sealants that require a cleaner surface would benefit more from AIO.

C_Rock77
04-27-2004, 12:46 AM
`Sup Dubb?

One suggestion...have you considered applying Klasse SG? It will give your car an extra measure of protection. By using the Klasse AIO, your car will be properly prepped for its application. However, you WILL need to let the SG cure before applying the carnuba or any additional layers of sealant.

As for applicators for the Klasse twins, I use Microfiber-wrapped foam applicators.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Skip the dawn wash, it is unnecessary, the AIO or P21S cleansing lotion ( GEPC ) will do that job for you.

Its really a case of either either with the AIO or GEPC, but I`d give the edge in depth ( especially with dark coloured cars ) to the GEPC followed with the P21S. The GEPC leaves some oils behind that give the paint work a richness that the AIO cant seem to match ( IMO ).

I think where you are confused is that the AIO is *really* the sealer per say, the SG is the sealant part. The AIO, while having some protective qualities, they are minimal and the main function is to provide a cleaned surface for the SG to adhere to.

Apply them with foam applicators, but I have found that an MF applicator for the P21S wax is quite nice, but if you dont have one, dont go and buy one.....a foam applictor is just as good.

Last piece of advice: Be sure to get some photos!