PDA

View Full Version : Will #7 have any effect on top of #9?

2k1sohc
04-20-2004, 07:37 AM
I am just wondering if it would be helpful/useful to put a coat of #7 over #9. Would it give a better look to the paint?

BamaGSR
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
I did it this weekend on my car, removed swirls with #82/#9, then topped with #7/#26. VERY wet look. I`ve been told that #9 and #7 both add about the same amount of oils, I would see what you think it looks like after #9, then decide if you want to add #7.

Sveta
04-20-2004, 04:42 PM
I always use #7 PC after #9 if I`m using it with #26 Liquid PC on my black truck. I use Hand Polish too (i.e., on my vintage BMW motorcycle). I`m having a hard time deciding if #7 and Hand Polish are true "equals". I`m one who never has a problem with #7 skinning/removal because I always use it as thin as possible I guess. It is my opinion that it is a very excellent light swirl filler and leaves a rich look to the finish. I`m a huge VM fan but think #7 fills A+ and VM A-. Others that work VM a little more to remove very light swirls might dispute this. I sometimes don`t see all the light swirls when I use VM but I never see them AFTER when I use #7. Your results may be diferent.:nixweiss

2k1sohc
04-20-2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the info.

shaf
04-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Putting a glaze on after polishing but prior to waxing is one of the most common ways of doing things! :) A "traditional" detail very basically goes: Polish --> Glaze --> Wax

Definitely glaze if you`re using a carnauba wax and if you want to maximize the appearance. It certainly makes a difference.