PDA

View Full Version : when people talk about Tide...

Kenji
04-20-2004, 12:58 AM
my question is on washing cotton pads, towels, and mf.

today i went to Wal-mart, i saw at least five different Tide liquid detergents, :shocked I was confused, i didn`t know which one to choose, and i just picked up an "ultra Tide" :nixweiss

i dont know if i bought the right one.

when people here talk about Tide ,

do they mean Tide Liquid or Tide Free Liquid or some other Tides?

JasonC8301
04-20-2004, 01:02 AM
I seem to be using Tide exclusively for everything, wahsing towels to washing my own clothes. If the clothes I wear are not washed with Tide, I know it.

Tide comes in a lot of different types and container sizes. I usually get the 300 ounce self dispensing jug. ~$16 at the local army base. I use the original scent Tide with the cotton symbol on it.

If you are really anal, you can use Tide Free, All Free, Dreft (the baby clothes detergent), and original woolite.

armoredsaint
04-20-2004, 06:25 AM
I use Tide with color-safe bleach and works great, I use micro-restorer from autofiber.com also.

fusionnv
04-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by JasonC8301

I seem to be using Tide exclusively for everything, wahsing towels to washing my own clothes. If the clothes I wear are not washed with Tide, I know it.

Tide comes in a lot of different types and container sizes. I usually get the 300 ounce self dispensing jug. ~$16 at the local army base. I use the original scent Tide with the cotton symbol on it.

If you are really anal, you can use Tide Free, All Free, Dreft (the baby clothes detergent), and original woolite.

I use liquid detergent, I currently using All scent and dye free. It is clear and has no smell pretty much. You can pretty much use any detergent with no scent and dye. I usually run the rinse again. Never use powder because sometimes not all the powder would disolve and might be on the towels and scratch u paint.

Bill D
04-20-2004, 08:17 AM
I use a very obscure detergerent called Mela Power, one ounce treats a large load of clothes supposed have totally safe ingredients which will not break down fibers of clothes over time and is supposed to clean as well as if not better than Tide. So far, good results. Clothes and mfs seem brighter, even better feeling.I`m hoping using this and the occasional use of the microfiber restore deterent will keep my mfs in great shape for a long time

fusionnv
04-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

I use a very obscure detergerent called Mela Power, one ounce treats a large load of clothes supposed have totally safe ingredients which will not break down fibers of clothes over time and is supposed to clean as well as if not better than Tide. So far, good results. Clothes and mfs seem brighter, even better feeling.I`m hoping using this and the occasional use of the microfiber restore deterent will keep my mfs in great shape for a long time

hmm a micro fiber restore soap? Tell me more, like where to get it. I never heard of that before, damn i such a newbie

AkronSi
04-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Bill D

Ahh, another Melaleuca user. I use melapower also and love it. A bottle of it last forever.

Bill D
04-20-2004, 09:50 AM
The microfiber retore soap is availible at :

http://www.autofiber.com/microRestore.html

I`m interested in getting some but so far using the MelaPower alone seems to be working very good