PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to put wax on alloy Rims?

djsway
09-28-2004, 11:31 AM
I tried that, putting wax and I don`t know if it does any good. My rims get dirty so easily.

Jngrbrdman
09-28-2004, 11:47 AM
Sure, you can put wax on alloy wheels. The wax is going to be gone before you get 3 blocks down the road, though. Wax is really fragile stuff. Your wheels get very hot while driving. That wax is going to evaporate very fast. Something like a sealant would be a better choice. There is actually a product called "Wheel Wax" that you can look into. I would use a sealant myself. If your wheels get dirty with brake dust then you might want to upgrade to ceramic pads to cut down on the dust too.

Beemerboy
09-28-2004, 11:52 AM
I agree on the sealant I did a BMW and the guys swears that the dust did nto stick as bad. He also said that whne he washed them just spraying them off took quite a lot off

djsway
09-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Ok, well it seems that the Meguiar`s wax I put on my rims made the dirt wipe off real easily but it also seem to attract dust easily. :dunno

Jngrbrdman
09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
That`s because waxes have a lot of oil. that is what makes them look so good on your car. Sealants don`t have that problem as bad.

membim
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
I have had great luck using EX-P on my bimmer`s wheels.

kimwallace
09-28-2004, 01:54 PM
I use 4* UPP on my rims (alloy, chrome, painted) and it works great. I use AIO prior to applying UPP and it holds up a long time as long as you wash your wheels with car wash shampoo only. In fact ... that is all you really need to use cause the dirt almost sprays off!!

CharlesW
09-28-2004, 02:15 PM
I use 4* UPP on my rims (alloy, chrome, painted) and it works great. I use AIO prior to applying UPP and it holds up a long time as long as you wash your wheels with car wash shampoo only. In fact ... that is all you really need to use cause the dirt almost sprays off!!
:yeah

Charles

djsway
09-28-2004, 02:33 PM
What`s UPP?

CharlesW
09-28-2004, 02:44 PM
What`s UPP?Ultimate Paint Protection by 4 Star.

Check this link.
http://www.premiumautocare.com/fostulpapr.html

Charles

Woob
09-28-2004, 02:45 PM
UPP = Ultimate Paint Protection made by Four Star. Can be found at www.premiumautocare.com, (PAC)