PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots

imported_KEVIN
04-19-2004, 06:09 PM
HI;

I`M NEW TO THIS SITE HAVE BEEN READING FOR A MONTH OR SO AND NOW I HAVE ? OR ?`S .

I BOUGHT A USED TUNDRA THUNDER GRAY (MED GRAY) AND IT CAME WITH WATER SPOTS I HAVE BEEN WAXING OVER THEM FOR 2 YEARS AND NOW READING THIS SITE I FEEL I HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THEM. I HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING WASHED WITH DAWN, AND USED VINAGER, BUFFED THE AREA WITH MEG`S FINE CUT THEN POLISHED BACK THE SHINE. THIS REALLY SHOWS UP IN THE GARAGE UNDER LIGHTS, AND NOT TO BAD IN THE SUN.

WHAT IAM REALLY LOOKING FOR MY NEXT STEP, I HAVE READ TO START WITH THE LOWEST AMOUNT OF ABRASIVE AND WORK UP FROM.

SO WHERE WOULD U GO FROM HERE.

HOW MUCH CAN REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE.

P.S. I HAVE A P.C. MEG`S FINE CUT , #9,# 7,#26. PLUS OTHER BRANDS OF STUFF.

ALL SUJESTION WELCOME.

KEVIN:confused:

imported_NHBFAN
04-19-2004, 09:17 PM
OGST

imported_WCD
04-19-2004, 09:59 PM
The spots may have etched far enough that nothing short of wet sanding may work. However, take the advice of others and continue working until you are satisfied that some may not come out.

R Regan

imported_KEVIN
04-19-2004, 11:09 PM
I GOT SOME OUT WITH THE VINAGER AND FINE CUT BUT HARD TO TELL . THEY ARE JUST ANOYING! THE TRUCK COLOR LOOKS GREAT WHEN ITS CLEAN AND WAXED THE METALIC PAINT IS GREAT IN THE SUN AND UNDER LIGHTS. ITS JUST THOSE WATER SPOTS GET ME.

KEVIN

Tralfaz
04-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Try some DACP or Menzerna intensive polish, put some on a MF towel and rub in by hand. You`ll be suprised at the stuff you can remove doing this, plus you don`t have to really worry about burning through the clear.

I did this on some spots on my Carrera and was amazed at the results.

shaf
04-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Kevin, please watch the language and turn off your caps lock key. The latter is not breaking an Autopia rule, it`s just bad nettiquette and hard to read. Thanks.

percynjpn
04-21-2004, 11:39 AM
I suggest you spend a little more time polishing your English language skills, and then move onto your paint!:doh