PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Black VW & 2003 Audi Dark Blue

HeavyChevyBoy
04-19-2004, 12:00 PM
Hello,

I need some advice on taking out scratches on a 2002 Black VW. It seems that the paint or Clear coat is pretty hard. I tried using DACP and all the passes I can think of using my PC speed dial at 3500 rpm and nothing happens. I also introduced some some hazing on the hood and few swirl marks. I worked the DACP until it`s powdery too. Then I followed up with AIO, SG, then NXT. The car looks great but like I said I added more swirls, micro scratches and a few hazing on the hood. Any suggestion on how to improve my work? Also, this car have a new 18 inch Roja wheels with stainless steel dip dish style walls. How can I take out the brake dust and some oxidation on the stainless steel rims? I tried Mother`s metal polished and it help a bit but could not take out the problems especially the little scratches.

Auid 2003 Dark Blue, this one the paint seem too soft. After I apply the AIO, wipe it with MF towel I noticed I was introducing scratches to it. Any tip how to avoid the scratches? Or any technique you can lend me? The paint feels like it`s almost a single stage but not. Even when washing with a wool mitt and Meguire`s Gold Class soap it still gets scratches. So upsetting.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.