PDA

View Full Version : Spot-less car wash

ktothelove
04-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Ok i have read every post in this forum (i think) about water deionizers. I think everyone will agree (unless I am missing something) that they are just too pricey for a home user.

i would love to be able to just walk away from my car and not have to worry about the drying process. i cant do this because of water spots.

are there any solutions? i hear filters cut down on the water spots but dont actually take them away (just less junk compossing the spots). Does anyone have something in place that works well?

what is the cheapest place to get a water deionizer and how frequently do i have to change the tank? what is the cost of just a new tank? or can you recharge them?

thanks for any help guys!

325iSBimmer
04-19-2004, 11:33 AM
MR. CLEAN

Dave N
04-19-2004, 12:14 PM
You can always try the "poor man`s" spotless rinser. This is a 1 or 2 gallon pump-up garden sprayer (the kind you use to spray pesticides and herbicides) used with distilled water from the grocery store. I find that one gallon of distilled water will completely rinse my truck. I bought a US-made 2-gallon sprayer with a plastic tip so as not to scratch my car if I accidentally touch it. It`s not as good as having a garden hose volume of DI water, but it does a fairly good job.