PDA

View Full Version : Doing interior... need help

mwarrior
04-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Ok, same thing as my other post but this time the interior on the two vehicles below.

Now heres the other thing though. The dashboard on the protege... I know the dash on the mustang is vinyl/plastic (depends where), but anybody know what the best products to use on the interior are? I`m doing glass (exterior and interior, some with tints some without), dash, seats, and anything else I left out let me know.

The seats are leather/vinyl on the stang, and cloth on the protege.

Thanks for any/all help :)

Gagan

thinksnow
04-19-2004, 12:13 PM
Interiors, like exteriors, heavily depend on personal preference. I recommend 1Z Cockpit Premium on all dash surfaces for no gloss, 303 for slight gloss, and (?) for high gloss.

Carpets: APC+ diluted at 1:20, a scrub brush, and a terry towel.

Cloth upholstery: Woolite mixture works for many (search for dilutions).

Leather: Lexol twins.

Glass: Stoner`s IG on tint, Eagle 20/20 on non-tint and outside glass. For a slick and shiny finish, apply AIO to all non-tinted glass surfaces.

Use Plexus on dashboard clear plastic (radio, a/c display, speedometer array, etc...)

Hope this helps out.

mwarrior
04-19-2004, 12:18 PM
That helped a lot. Now where would I be able to get most of these? I`ve heard of them but have no idea. I do have Eagle 20/20 but the rest I`ve just heard of thats it. Online? Store chains?

Thanks

Gagan

mwarrior
04-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Anybody? :)

SK2003TypeS
04-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Try the "shop" button in the upper right hand corner of this page. I think they ship to Canada.

mwarrior
04-20-2004, 06:28 PM
I`m not worried about the shipping as much as I am about what products to use :) I want to do EVERYTHING not just the interior though, so any suggestions on that would help too.

I found the AIO, NXT (for the exterior), 303, and Plexus on Autopia. I dont see the Stoner`s or Lexol on there though.

Any other recommended brands or anything? For the exterior trim/wheels/tires/lights/windows? THe paint I think I have figured out but the rest is a mystery :(

Gagan

Oh ya, and for shipping everything will be shipped to Continental US so its not a problem :)

thinksnow
04-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Check out autogeek.net. Great service and they carry Stoners and Lexol if I`m not mistaken.

That bottle of AIO--it`ll also do the lights, windows, and exterior (non-porous) trim.

Wheels are really personal preference as everyone has different shapes/materials/etc. I would search through the click and brags until you find someone with your car and see what they use.

Tires: EO Tire Cleaner--can be found locally. If not, get EO A2Z. You can use it on the wheels, too, but do one wheel at a time b/c it is very harsh.

mwarrior
04-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Nice. You said "Lexol Twins" which would those be? I saw wipes and I saw other stuff.

As for the wheel cleaner, I use the Meguiars Hot Wheels for that (or was it Hot Rims)... It seems to work amazing for me (unless the A2Z is better?)

Gagan

thinksnow
04-20-2004, 09:16 PM
The Lexol twins would be the cleaner and the conditioner. I wouldn`t mess with the wipes--start out with some 16oz bottles to see if you like it. Both should be applied with terry applicators and wiped clean with either cotton towels or mfs.

As for wheels, if you like the Hot Rims, more power to you. I haven`t used it personally, but I know that the Meg`s product is less harsh than the A2Z. Once you get the wheel totally cleaned, throw some AIO (told you it worked everywhere) on there to make clean up possible with your wash water and a mitt the next time. The less you use wheel cleaners, the better in the long term.