PDA

View Full Version : Zaino + NXT + S100... good idea?

mwarrior
04-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Thats the combo I was thinking. Z2+Z5 a few times each, followed by NXT, topped with S100. What I`m going for is ultimate shine and durability as I`ll be out of town and the cars are still going to be driven while I`m gone.

This would be what I`m trying on both the vehicles in my sig. And quite possibly on a black `01 Cherokee (non metallic paint).

Anybody have suggestions or has anybody tried this combo before I place the order for the S100 and NXT??

Thanks

Gagan

LouisanaJeeper
04-19-2004, 11:24 AM
NXT will strip or siginficantly diminish and layers below it.

Z5,Z2,Z2, S100(optional)

mwarrior
04-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Ohh, see I was told do Zaino+NXT+S100. Which one`s the topcoat? Z5 or Z2? Anything else I can throw in the mix for ultimate shine/long durability?

Gagan

bjwebster
04-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Z2 is supposed to be the better choice for the final coat, more reflective I believe.

tkajeff
04-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Mwarrior,

I have been using Zaino for about two years now, and Z-2 will deepen your shine and Z-5 will hide minor swirl marks. Sometimes what I will do is do a 50/50 mixture of both to utilize the best of both worlds. Also I have read the following article http://autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html because I too am searching for something to top Zaino with. Hope this helps.

LouisanaJeeper
04-19-2004, 11:40 AM
[bottom layer] Z5,Z2,Z2, S100(optional) [top layer]

mwarrior
04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
tkajeff: Same here, the Z2+Z5 combo (Z5 then Z2 then Z5 then Z2) seems to work amazing for me. I`ve actually had a mcdonalds manager that never noticed the car come out after I zainoed it for the first time come out and say "hey man everybody`s checking out your car"

Jeeper So either Zaino+S100 or NXT+S100 then? Anything else to enhance the shine/durability?

mwarrior
04-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Bump :)

AutoNova
04-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Question: I just got Z-2 and Z-5. What do you use to clean and prep paint before using Zaino? Does it make a difference? Should you clean and prep then wash and apply Zaino?

SK2003TypeS
04-20-2004, 08:30 PM
Jeeper So either Zaino+S100 or NXT+S100 then? Anything else to enhance the shine/durability?

Zaino+S100 is a combo a bunch here use. As for NXT, I think it would probably be better if it stands on it`s own.

I just got Z-2 and Z-5. What do you use to clean and prep paint before using Zaino? Does it make a difference? Should you clean and prep then wash and apply Zaino?

It depends on what your paint is like. If you`re going by Zaino "rules", then you`re suppose to wash after your polish/clean the paint.

Last year, I used Pinnacle`s Paint Cleaning Lotion (very mild). I then washed a few sections and left a few sections unwashed. I did this to see if it really makes a difference. I didn`t notice any. It seemed to last (the Zaino) about 6 months. I say seemed because I don`t really know. What I have seen is that towards the last month, the slickness is gone and the height of the beads are kind of "flat". Also, when washing the car, the mitt doesn`t slide as easily.

A bunch of people here use Klasse AIO and then put Zaino over it without washing.

HTH

mwarrior
04-20-2004, 09:06 PM
AutoNova: to clean/prep it, wash it with dawn (dishwashing soap), claybar it, then wash it again but this time with car wash soap. Now you`re ready for Z2/Z5 (if you have the ZFX Accelerator). If not, then you need Z1 as a base coat.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Skip the NXT, the durability reports on here have been a mixed bag, while Zaino is regarded quite highly in that category here.

Then top ya Zaino with S100/P21S if thats the raod you want to take.