PDA

View Full Version : Some recommendations from you guys :)

Pages : [1] 2

SRT4
04-19-2004, 04:30 AM
Well I have had my car for close to a year (WOW! Does NOT feel that long). I have waxed it about 6 times or so since. I am pretty sure it is time for me to claybar the car (even if it does shine really nice).

Now, I know how to claybar. That`s simple.

However, I have never used more then just a wax on my car (GoldClass/NXT) so I am not too up to date on polishing or the need to polish. No concept of what you will consider "paint prep", and no clue what wax to use.

I`ll be honest. I have used NXT. Gets a NICE shine, but stops beading after a month. I`m not 100% on the need of beading, but I am sure it will indicate loss of performance with the wax.

Here is a picture of the car after a simple wash (waxed close to 1.5 months ago, but used the tech spray last week):

http://www.veriotrainingjschilling.testgroup24.com/neon/oldnxt.jpg

http://www.veriotrainingjschilling.testgroup24.com/neon/neon1.jpg

Not too bad of a shine, but I think I can do better. Since I have to clay, why not try something new out? So help me bring out the best shine/depth I can get :bow

Polish:

Wax:

I have really been against zaino (Too much money for my taste), but if someone can recommend the proper products to buy I may give it a shot (ex. z2, z2765, z3.14).

scottabir
04-19-2004, 04:50 AM
how are the swirls/light scratches, marring on the car? if you have very little (silver is forgiving in my book). If you dont have swirl marks you want to get rid of you can try something like Vanilla moose from Klearkote to give it that extra little something. or if you have some very light marring/swirls ect you can try out something like The menzerna line of products (IP,FP), or the 1Z line is very user friendly and then VM, then wax. As for a good wax, the NXT is good, I like S100, Pinnacle Souveran (havent tried it on silver though) CMW, Glanz wax, UPP for a sealant, just to name a few. I guess soemtimes you just have to buy them all and see what looks best on your car :D

former86camaro
04-19-2004, 06:13 AM
Zaino will not do anything for swirls or light scratches. It will give durability, but IMO the shine does not have a punch to it. I would definitely consider the Wolf Gang Pre Cleaner and Sealant for protection and durability and to remove the swirls I would got with the menzera product line.

SRT4
04-19-2004, 06:18 AM
I don`t see many/if any swirls.

What is the opinion on zymol? Not the cheap *** walmart version, but the good one?

former86camaro
04-19-2004, 06:30 AM
Both are nice.. Walmart version is very popular around here for do it yourself type folks who like a shine, but in one step. Try it... You won`t be like WOW, but more like Nice..

jasonatv22
04-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Your car looks great. Don`t expect any difference in the way it looks after the clay, but do expect to get stuff out of the paint. It`s a paint health thing, not a look thing at this stage.

Sounds like what you are doing is just fine. I think the "premium" Zymol stuff is a rip off, targeted at the feeble minded weathly, and hey, more power to em. I won`t buy it though. The cleaner wax at Wal-Mart is a bear to get off. The shampoo smells nice.

The NXT is looking great on that. I`d keep with a sealant like that on that silver. I would just make sure to wax every month if you are getting the NXT or other sealant breaking down over that time.

SRT4
04-19-2004, 08:10 AM
I was thinking of trying that s100, just gotta find a place to buy it. But is it ok as just a stand alone?

former86camaro
04-19-2004, 08:38 AM
How often would you like to polish it? Does it sit in a garage or outside all the time?

SRT4
04-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Sits outside...which is why I want to protect the paint as much as i can.

I can polish it often i suppose.

imported_Macgirl
04-19-2004, 08:56 AM
If you are working by hand or PC then try the 1Z polishes. Very easy to use and remove, and leaves a great gloss on silver metallic. I follow up with their Glanz Wax for protection. Check out their products at www.1z-usa.com.

former86camaro
04-19-2004, 09:22 AM
I have used 1 Z Pain Polish. It is okay, but not as aggressive as I would like.

Seriously look into Wolf Gang. Looks nice on Red, Gold, and White...

jasonatv22
04-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by SRT4

I was thinking of trying that s100, just gotta find a place to buy it. But is it ok as just a stand alone?

Yeah, it`s fine as a stand alone. But if you`re having NXT die out on you at 4 weeks, the S100 might last half that if you are lucky. I personally love the S100, but my car is black and it makes a big difference. Use the yellow pages and find your Harley dealer. Call first in case they don`t stock it.

hondaguy2582
04-19-2004, 10:36 AM
go with klasse or zaino. Being thats a silver car, and it is going to sit outside all day, you want a paint sealant that can withstand the uv rays. Honestly, klasse looks awesome on silver, and so does zaino. Id recommend you get klasse though, as it is a bit cheaper than zaino, but provides the same results.

g2 www.klassedirect.com if you want the best deal on klasse.

MattZ28
04-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Jason, I`ll be trying the following soon:

Wash with Zaino Z7 car wash

possibly claybar, don`t think I need it though

1Z Paint Polish

Klasse All-In-One sealant

1Z Glanz Wax

I`ll let you know how it works out...

I`m trying this stuff to see how it compares to Zaino, and to increase my "arsenal" of detailing supplies, and just to try something new.

I`ll be getting a Porter Cable 7424 too.

If this stuff works good maybe one day we can meet up if you`re off from work and detail our cars w/it.

I might try topping it with NXT too, just to test it out.

turbologist
04-19-2004, 01:28 PM
When you guys say Wolfgang....Is that their new Concours Series of wax and polishes you`re talking about?