PDA

View Full Version : Lazyman`s way on applying Klasse SG?

armoredsaint
04-18-2004, 10:27 PM
Okay, no flames. I never tried this before, but has anyone ever applied a 2nd coat of SG without removing the 1st coat of SG? I ask this because the 2nd coat usually gets the spots you previously missed and increases shine, but does it make it twice as hard to remove? Or even wash off the 1st coat and then apply the 2nd coat. I was just wondering.:D

marktheshark
04-18-2004, 10:47 PM
I`ve had 4 layers of SG on at one time, no trouble at all.

armoredsaint
04-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by marktheshark

I`ve had 4 layers of SG on at one time, no trouble at all.

How long did you wait between coats and the removal of 4 layers all at once, tell me more :D

Rlockyer
04-18-2004, 11:46 PM
AHH! Perfect!

I was a little worried on the way home tonight.

I picked up a PC and went to the office to go over the truck. Well, I didn`t get there until nearly 4, and by the time I got done claying, it was close to 6.

I managed to PC on the AIO and get that finished JUST as the Sun went down.

I guess I should have left it at that, but it didn`t feel at all like we were going to get an early dew, so I started laying on the SG.

End result, I`ve got spots all over the truck that I missed, and at this point, it`s taking a LOT of rubbing with the MF to get them out.

I guess I`ll apply a second layer tomorrow.

Any recommendations for using the PC for SG?

LouisanaJeeper
04-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Sounds like a terrible idea.

The extra layers of SG will not be bonding to paint or cured/bonded SG, it will only be attaching itself to the SG residue from the previous layer.

Rlockyer
04-19-2004, 01:30 AM
So worst case, I`d be no worse off than a single layer of SG, which is all I probably would have done anyways.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-19-2004, 06:50 AM
armoredsaintt

I have applied 3 coats of SG using the WOWO method ( 1 coat a day ) just to be 120% sure that I get complete coverage. The lack of cleaners in SG leads me to think that there would be no removal of the previous layer of SG, but we can debate that til the cows come home. Regardless of that, for me I apply a "sacrificial" layer of S100 every 3-4 weeks so it doesnt really matter how many "layers" of SG I have or dont have.......

Rlockyer

Forget applying SG with a PC, its a PITA and it gunks up your pads. Stick to applying by hand and be more diligent to make sure you dont miss any spots! Use a little QD to help with the SG removal instead of "rubbing hard" - big no no.

99SVTCobra
04-19-2004, 12:26 PM
I used the SG this past weekend. After applying I let it sit over night.....after removing the first coat I could tell I missed spots. I just re-applied a small amount back on and wiped right off (as the instructions suggested). This worked well and I was much happier with the results. Added the P21S wax afterwards and the car looks incredibly wet.

I`ve had Zaino on the car for the last 1.5 years and I`m much happier with the wet look I have now.

BTW, the Menzerna IP really works well and removed some moderate scratches and swirls. Took some time, but I got them out.

imported_The Uncle
04-19-2004, 06:16 PM
I`m not sure that I am following this thread (and, keep in mind this is a realatively inexperienced newbie posting). I thought SG layered well? I know I have four layers on my own car.

Bill D
04-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I have multiple layers as well ( I think 16 or so). I think I`ve reached the maximum threshold the paint will accept.

marktheshark
04-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by armoredsaintt

How long did you wait between coats and the removal of 4 layers all at once, tell me more :D

I waited 24 hrs between coats. I would do a quick wash to remove any dust/dirt, then dry and apply.

I layered up just before winter weather set in.

LouisanaJeeper
04-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by The Uncle

I`m not sure that I am following this thread (and, keep in mind this is a realatively inexperienced newbie posting). I thought SG layered well? I know I have four layers on my own car.

Yes SG can be layered ontop of previous buffed, cured SG coats.

The original poster was asking about applying SG, letting it haze, not buffing off the residue and proceeding with the next layer

marktheshark
04-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

Yes SG can be layered ontop of previous buffed, cured SG coats.

The original poster was asking about applying SG, letting it haze, not buffing off the residue and proceeding with the next layer

Sorry, my bad. I misread the question ( I was in a hurry). While I have multi layered SG, I have always buffed off the previous layer. Sorry if I mislead or confused anyone...

Mark