PDA

View Full Version : Microfibre polishing bonnet at Canadian Tire any good?

2k1sohc
04-18-2004, 10:19 PM
I have an orbital polisher, and I was wondering if anyone knew about the quality of the MF bonnet available at Canadian Tire. It is about $8.00, and is sealed so I couldn`t try a CD test. I have purchased the Simoniz MF towel at Canadian Tire, and I picked up some Turtle Wax MF`s at Zeller`s. Which, if either of these would be good/better for removal and buffing of wax?

Thanks!

2k1sohc
04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
I suppose it would be better than the synthetic sheepskin bonnet I bought before I found this sight.

CodyB36
04-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Those towels you have will work just fine. I`ve bought those and many others and haven`t noticed difference, so just polish away.

bboy850
04-20-2004, 01:47 PM
Have you guys tried the Microtex MFs at Canadian Tire, they`re selling them in 5 for $7.99, comes in blue and white? They seemed alrite for polishing.

CodyB36
04-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Those are the same as what is sold at Walmart in the US. The Turtle Wax towels seem like a better quality, but its good to have lots of extra`s.

You will find plenty of uses for them so stock up.

imported_Yosemite Dan
04-20-2004, 09:56 PM
I`ve read somewhere here that the TW towels are OK but those Microtex ones apparently are not so good for buffing and might leave tiny scratches on your paint and best be kept for windows and interior.

I bought that huge Simonez towel from CT for $15 and it just seems more plush than the Microtex. Haven`t tried it out yet but will use that and keep the Microtex for windows and wheels. I don`t wanna take any chances.

2k1sohc
04-20-2004, 10:03 PM
I used the big blue MF towel from CT on my car aftrer QEW today. It was perfect, dried the car and didn`t even feel damp afterwards. I couldn`t see any marring in the wax, but I am no expert. Thanks for the info. I use the Turtle Wax MF`s for removing wax, but I wouldn`t mind using the microfibre bonnet to buff off polish, before I apply the wax. Would it be better to just use a terry cloth bonnet for this purpose?

shaf
04-21-2004, 04:18 AM
Sorry, I don`t know about the bonnets. I was tempted, but I decided I don`t really have a need for them...

If you really want to buff off product with a bonnet, use the MF bonnet, not the terry. Terry is probably better for applying polish, even though that is "iffy" too because we don`t know if these bonnets really are all cotton or not.

One problem I forsee with using MF bonnets for buffing stuff off is I`m concerned that the bonnets will get loaded up with product too quickly. Think about how many MF cloths you normally go through buffing things (using both sides yet).

Originally posted by bboy850

Have you guys tried the Microtex MFs at Canadian Tire, they`re selling them in 5 for $7.99, comes in blue and white? They seemed alrite for polishing. They are very cheap MFs and look like it I think. Check out the corners on these towels the next time you get a chance. I know that even 3M heat-fuses the corners on their MFs, but it looks particularly bad on these towels. I`d buy them only for cleaning my seats or wheels or something... Either that or cut the corners off.

The TW towels are still much better quality and I`d still buy those instead, even at twice the price.