PDA

View Full Version : Dressing Overkill!

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Detailed this Maserati the other day and I was shocked at the amount of dressing used by the previous detailer.....:nono

It wasn`t even an even application process but only applied "here and there". It was clayed on the exterior and then I used my Cyclo with DACP to clean and polish.

I then started using Waxing Frenzy on the hood but I wasn`t really that impressed with the results and look and the sun was also coming out so I switched over to VM and finished the car out with that. Much nicer results.

Waxing Frenzy also seems to whiten up in body seams and molding edges. I like their metal polish and I am still undecided about their dressing.

Well here is a picture of the interior BEFORE, notice the dressing.....

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 12:50 AM
In the above picture, which really doesn`t show it all that well, the dressing is splotchy and had collected tons of dust.

This is why I always prefer a natural look as there is no glossy shine, dust collection around vents and such is cut way down and easier to clean up and it doesn`t leave a "wear area" which is caused by your hands and elbow wearing off a portion of the dressing, say on the armrest of door handle.

Here is the interior after being cleaned, no dressing applied

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 12:53 AM
I only have a few exterior shots. This is of the rear area, including pipes.

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Maserati emblem

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Next

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 01:01 AM
Last pic.....VM works great in the sun, it was used on the glass as well. Got sunburned real bad on this detail:eek:

Anthony

scottabir
04-18-2004, 02:10 AM
I can see why they got a new detailer!! Nice work Anthony, as always pleasure seeing pics of your handiwork.

runnerbl
04-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Anthony,

What did you clean the interior with?

Brian

thinksnow
04-18-2004, 06:38 AM
Did they use Pam and a paintbrush?

*NICE* resurrection! Did the owner even realize how bad the "before" was until you took care of him?

dlw
04-18-2004, 07:07 AM
When we bought my wife`s dark green Honda CRV from a dealer, they had "detailed" it for her. Even the ash tray had a small lake of whatever dressing they used on the inside, engine bay and all the plastic trim on the outside. After a day or two of owning the car my heart almost stopped when I saw something seeping out onto the bumper from around the grill area. I was sure that the radiator was leaking! Nope, just some of the massive amounts of dressing used by the dealers "professional" detailer!

Anthony O.
04-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Runner,

Thank you ......I used "Deep Down" and my "scrubber" to clean all that gunk off with. It is a wonderful cleaner for both vinyl and leather and leaves a nice scent behind, not overly perfumy, just a nice clean scent. Plexus was used on the interior plastic areas.

thinksnow,

The owner of the Maserati pulled up after some time and commented that it looked better than the day he picked it up.....and this was before I applied the VM, so I thought how sad is that?:nixweiss The dash "hump" where the cluster of gauges are is really tall in the Maserati and you can barely get a childs hand between it and the windshield but somehow they had managed to get dressing all over the glass:angry It was a real PAIN in the butt trying to clean that area!

scottabir,

Thank You:xyxthumbs

dlw,

Geez.......did they also dress the brake pedal?:scared

Take care all......after church I am going to a Ferrari show and if there is anything SWEET, I`ll be sure to post up some pics:D

Anthony

JayJayPG
04-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

Last pic.....VM works great in the sun, it was used on the glass as well. Got sunburned real bad on this detail:eek:

Anthony

I always break out the VM on my windows :up

It gets rid of all the streaks from glass cleaners and when it rains you don`t even need your wipers :D

ZaneO
04-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Car looks amazing, as usual. Where can I find this Deep Down?

GoodnClean
04-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Great work!

When we bought my wife`s dark green Honda CRV from a dealer, they had "detailed" it for her. Even the ash tray had a small lake of whatever dressing they used on the inside, engine bay and all the plastic trim on the outside. After a day or two of owning the car my heart almost stopped when I saw something seeping out onto the bumper from around the grill area. I was sure that the radiator was leaking! Nope, just some of the massive amounts of dressing used by the dealers "professional" detailer!

Before I got my ES300 I was looking at used 2000 LS400s. I found this one place that had a gorgeous black one with a black interior, 35k miles, from the pics (exterior only) there wasn`t a mark on it. I went to go look at it, and it was perfect on the exterior, I opened it up, they must have used a gallon of thick shiny silicone dressing on the interior. All over the dash, door panels, even the A,B,and C pillars. Rearview mirror and....the leather seats. The plastic on the instrument cluster was stained with dressing as was the wood trim. Really sad as the car was pristine. I looked around their lot and every car was like that.

andriver
04-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Anthony, as always, nice work!