PDA

View Full Version : tried QEW today

Simplistic
04-17-2004, 04:37 PM
tried it out, 2 bucket system, 1 washmitt, and a shammie to dry.

a) great stuff, got the car clean didn`t really notice any new swirls, and if there were it was the fault of the user and not the system.

b) washmitts are awesome, tried out a sheepskin, previously i`d been using terry towels and a sheepskin washmitt makes things go sooo much faster. once i get another it`ll be even better.

c) my car was absolutely filthy (had snowed a day ago) and now it`s clean

d) make sure you do a panel then dry immediately, or else you`re gonna be at risk for water marks

e) can`t wait until i get WW towel.

thumbs up to QEW

MattZ28
04-17-2004, 05:08 PM
I want to try this stuff, but, wouldn`t it just trap dirt and scratch the paint by not rinsing all the stuff off?

Pats300zx
04-17-2004, 05:31 PM
I used QEW today as well. It was great. My truck had sat out in the rain all week but I had no drivien it. I was between a good QD and a complete wash. I didn`t feel like breaking out the hoses and having to go through a complete dry.

QEW fit the bill perfectly....:up

imported_eggroll
04-17-2004, 05:47 PM
I want to try this stuff, but, wouldn`t it just trap dirt and scratch the paint by not rinsing all the stuff off?

All of the dirt is picked up by the sheepskin. Kind of like when you QD with a MF.

MattZ28
04-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Ah ok....so basically I can wash my car at 2am while it`s in the garage? :bounce :p

thinksnow
04-17-2004, 07:17 PM
No question. The folks that have winter can wash in their garage, too:D

Originally posted by MattZ28

Ah ok....so basically I can wash my car at 2am while it`s in the garage? :bounce :p

Simplistic
04-17-2004, 07:24 PM
didn`t mention...but I did wash it in my garage :D pulled it outside to look at it after, had some streaks but that`s my fault for not drying fast enough. i.e. i`d do the whole back end rather than just the trunk