PDA

View Full Version : EX-P in direct sun. UPP?

ossi
09-28-2004, 12:31 AM
i noticed that Poorboys EX-P (an other Poorboy products) are advertized as "sun or shade" products. i was wondering what people`s experience with direct sun application of EX-P are (also Natty`s)?

also, is 4* UPP, etc. also usable in direct sun?

thanks,
-r

ps: my driveway has sun almost all day, exept early mornings... and i like to sleep long on weekends... you get the point... ;)

emanLS
09-28-2004, 05:55 AM
natty`s seems to work absolutely perfectly in the sun for me. Seemed to soften the wax a bit as the day went on as well. Just use it as you normally would and you wont have any problems. Even from my limited experience, Natty`s is an excellent product, sun or shade.

NYV6Coupe
09-28-2004, 07:24 AM
I`ve never done any detailing in the sun but, IMHO, I think the real issue is surface temperature not sunshine.

If your car is garaged & you choose to do your detailing ourside in the sun then there`s no problem `cause the surface is cool.

But if your car`s been baking in the sun all day & the surface is almost too hot to touch comfortably, then I wouldn`t detail the car even if it was in a garage `cause the surface is still too hot.

Bob
09-28-2004, 07:27 AM
I used EX in the sun on a 90 degree day and super humid and had no problems at all.

I guess that does not help much huh? LOL

EBPcivicsi
09-28-2004, 07:52 AM
I have used EX and EX-P in direct Memphis in the hottest days of the summer, no problems. SSR1 and 2 same thing, 2.5 is a different story though.

rabbi
09-28-2004, 08:15 AM
I believe NYV6Coupe is correct. I do everything in the sun. I found that it`s the surface temp. of the car that affects the products not the sun itself.

mtodde
09-28-2004, 08:56 AM
I believe NYV6Coupe is correct. I do everything in the sun. I found that it`s the surface temp. of the car that affects the products not the sun itself.

:yeah

That has been my experience too. You should always feel the temperature of the body panel before applying any product. I have found that EX & EX-P do well even on hot panels...I tend to take the product off right away rather than letting it cure, but I`m rethinking that strategy.

Poorboy
09-28-2004, 08:59 AM
:yeah

That has been my experience too. You should always feel the temperature of the body panel before applying any product. I have found that EX & EX-P do well even on hot panels...I tend to take the product off right away rather than letting it cure, but I`m rethinking that strategy.

actually you are right..it will accelerate the flash time, but a good way to judge is just a finger dab to see how easy it comes off or if you leave a finger print impression.

NYV6Coupe
09-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Poorboy:

I`ve seen the term "flash" used many times, please explain what it means?

thanks

Lexus13
09-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Had to do a vehicle yesterday under bright sunny skies. Decided to go 100% the Poorboy`s route using SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 as well as EX-P and all products performed flawlessly in the bright sunshine. Temp was about 76 F and the only thing that showed any ill effects was me. I was whipped.
The results were awesome and I certainly would not have been so confident with some other products in the sun.

Poorboy
09-28-2004, 10:46 AM
Poorboy:

I`ve seen the term "flash" used many times, please explain what it means?

thanks

flash time is the time needed for a product to haze and begin it`s drying, this is usually used for LSP that need a cure time before removing. A product like P21S has no flash time as it is a wipe on wipe off product, but say somthing like Natty`s will need time to haze otherwise removal could become difficult and streaky..:)

AZ Ferrari Man
09-29-2004, 04:57 AM
actually you are right..it will accelerate the flash time, but a good way to judge is just a finger dab to see how easy it comes off or if you leave a finger print impression.

I am confused so he is right about letting it cure or is he right about removing quickly?

rabbi
09-30-2004, 08:26 PM
Let it cure. It should be easier to wipe off then.