PDA

View Full Version : LC pads, hard to use??

C-MDX
04-16-2004, 07:42 PM
You all know how all the LC pads are curved and the part where it really touches the paint are the sides, not the inside. I got a question for LC pad users, is it hard to polish a car with just the sides touching or is the weight of the PC heavy enough to make the pad expand so the inside part of the pad is used also?? Do you get what I mean?? Kinda hard to describe :confused:

imported_jaobrien6
04-17-2004, 12:41 AM
The pads do compress. The finishing pads compress a lot, they are very soft. The polishing pads compress, but less so, the cutting pads still compress some, but even less so, because they are much firmer.

When you are polishing with them, however, you don`t compress them enough that you`re polishing with 100% of the pad. The outer edges will usually only come into contact with the paint if you tilt the PC up.

I don`t find the curved pads difficult. I actually find them easier to get into tigher spots because you can lift the pad up on an edge and still have good contact due to the shape of the pad.

John

bboy850
04-17-2004, 04:49 AM
I just tried DACP with a LC yellow cutting pad yesterday...Great combo to attack the swirls and scratches (especially since I seem to have hard paint), very easy to use especially with the PC on 6.