PDA

View Full Version : UPP = Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection?

onemansopinion
04-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Simple clarification please: the acronym list identifies UPP as being Platinum Ultimate Paint Protection ... in looking around various retailer web sites, I can find "Four Star" Ultimate Paint Protection but not specifically "Platinum" Ultimate Paint Protection (although some Four Star products seem to use the name Platinum). Are these one and the same products?

Thank you for enduring my simple query ...

scottabir
04-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Four star does indeed = platinum paint protection. They had to change their name due to legal reasons I heard.

onemansopinion
04-16-2004, 02:02 PM
That`s what I was looking for ... again, thanks.

groebuck
04-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Yup - someone else had claim to the name platinum in car care products or something like that -

onemansopinion
04-16-2004, 03:43 PM
I`ve been using P21S as my final layer over AIO (without SG); however, I`d like to experiment with a few layers of SG after the AIO. I thought I`d also try to stay purely synthetic for a change.

Here`s my question(s): one of the aspects of P21S that I like is that it doesn`t stain black trim ... if I switch to UPP or BF Paint Protectant will they tend to stain the trim? Is BF PAint Protectant a reasonable final layer over SG?

scottabir
04-16-2004, 03:58 PM
I applied UPP to my car today and it did not stain the trim whatso ever. BF I have no idea about. HEck put a couple coats of SG on and then put a coat of P21S on...I think you`ll like the looks of it.