PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Off the Shelf

Buick_guy
04-16-2004, 11:49 AM
Ok, I`m kinda new here, and have learned alot, but I still haven`t been able to find any articles on off the shelf synthetic wax. Are there any?

Also what I want to do is put down a layer of synthetic and then put a good carnuba over it so I have the best of both worlds. I was hoping to be able to do the two coat in a time period of a maximum of 3 or 4 hours, since I have a customer that can`t wait. Is this possible, or does the sythetic need a long time to cure?:nixweiss

Thanks in advance :bounce

tom p.
04-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Most of the people here are tuned in to the specialty products that are purchased on-line.

I can suggest an excellent combo - - that would be the Klasse AIO + Sealant Glaze. You can do a couple of layers of SG and quit or add a layer of your preferred carnauba for a little extra zipp.

There cure times may be an issue if you have to get a car done in an 8 hour period.

Red Wolf
04-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Meguiars`s #20 is available at most autobody/paint stores. Can`t be layered(to my knowlege) but you can use a carnuba topper.

imported_Interspy24
04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Nu-Finish, but I wouldn`t recommend it.

NXT for sure

I think Mothers might have one, not sure though.

2wheelsx2
04-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I second #20. Easily available. Not as good as Klasse/Zaino/BF/UPP/WG andwhat have you, but still quite good. Beads water well, and is easy to use because it has cleaners.

Kleanride
04-16-2004, 12:08 PM
NTX by Meguiars is synthetic and available all over the place. As far as I know, it can be layered.

raymond_ho2002
04-16-2004, 12:31 PM
It is generally considered not a good idea to put on a coat of carnauba wax before waiting 24 hours for the synthetic sealant to cure. Since you have a maximum of 3 - 4 hours, you should probably just stick with a sealant. The closest you can come to a sealant/wax combo would be Klasse AIO followed by a pure wax like s100. AIO is a little hard to find, but I know it`s available at my local Lexus and honda dealers at a marked up price (~$18 for 10oz, ~$30 for 16oz).

As for off the shelf synthetics, meguiar`s #20 has consistently gotten good reviews, as well as NXT. Another sealant is Mother`s Reflections, but the opinions about that product are a little more mixed.

GoodnClean
04-16-2004, 05:06 PM
The best synthetic you can buy locally is NXT.

rstype
04-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Mother`s Reflections and Liquid Glass are two good, `synthetic` products available locally. Many BMW stores carry Klasse AIO and SG, too.

killrwheels
04-16-2004, 06:26 PM
with the advent of the internet why would you worry ??? www.autogeek.net can get it out quickly and to your door. I would suggest trying Wolfgang Concours as sealant, and your favorite carnuba (Pinnacle, P21S) . They even have a kit ....

http://www.autogeek.net/wg7001.html

(using a couponcode can save another 10% off )

or at the store you have:

NXT, Reflections, or Nufinish. You can get Duragloss at NAPA also.

GoodnClean
04-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I didn`t realize Mothers Reflections was synthetic...