PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang vs. Klasse

jonw440
04-16-2004, 08:28 AM
I just ordered the PC 7424 from coastal, three pads from Autopia (orange, white and gray). Now I am thinking of trying the "Wolfgang" kit from autogeek. I do haveAIO,SG, S100,VM, S100 sec,3m SMR, #4,#9, and Meg body scrub. My Wife`s balck Grand Prix has some small scratches and swirl marks. Would the products I have work to remove the problems then put AIO and SG on. OR should I make the plunge and try the Wolfgang kit?

What im trying to ask, would the Wolfgang kit do any better with the PC than what I already have?

imported_memnuts
04-16-2004, 08:46 AM
No. Like any product and process the correct tools and protocol must be adhered to. WG will not remove any surface marring that were not removed by your listed Prep products. The Pre-cleaner is for removal of surface contaminates (light oxidation and wax/sealant residue) and prime surface for WG sealant adherence only. If your finish needs prep work beyond the tools (including PC) you have stated, neither AIO/SG or WG system are going to remove. They will both lessen the appearance of flaws but not eliminate.

A wonderful combination with a PC is: DACP/AIO or DACP/ SEC and top with protectant of choice.

I am presently testing after complete PREP (polishing with rotary (spots) and DACP(PC and Rotary) AIO and WG sealant on black. So far results are outstanding. Must check today to see if there were any compatability problems with WG sealant and AIO.

Hope this helps. :wavey

jimmybuffit
04-16-2004, 08:43 PM
You have everything you need.

Jim

Scottwax
04-16-2004, 11:14 PM
The Wolfgang twins will only replace AIO/SG and like Edwin said you will need a dedicated swirl remover. I agree that DACP or maybe only SFP would be needed first.

I like the look of Wolfgang more than the Klasse twins plus the sealant is not finicky at all.

imported_NHBFAN
04-17-2004, 08:38 AM
AIO is a great product! It`s provides a good base for a variety of "toppers" and is a very versatile cleaner. AIO will always be in my arsenal.

KSG is past its prime. I`ve tried it using every method possible, e.g. removing with Sonus, BillNorth, etc ... and all I can say is it IS finicky, especially in humid climates. And, I never achieved stunning results with KSG. I think it’s safe to say that the majority of KSG users top it with something (P21/S100/PS) to improve aesthetics.

With the advent of WG and other easy to use sealants I don`t foresee myself ever using KSG again. It`s definitely time for Klasse to reformulate this antiquated product.