PDA

View Full Version : New UK user going about purchasing

imported_Tonyz
04-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Hello all. Ive been reading the forums for a month or two now and thought id join :)

Im currently using the autoglym range,- wash, super resin and extra gloss to keep my car clean. but after reading over the forums i think i can do better than that! :)

Ive read the UK `where to buy` post, so am going for some Microfibre cloths from pakshack, and then ps21 wax, vanilla moose and meg clay kit from seriousperformance. Sound like a good start? I was thinking of doing it in the order:

Wash

clay bar

Rinse

scratch remover- gs27 or something i have..

vanilla moose

AG super resin

AG extra gloss

PS21 wax

Does that look ok, or will i not need to use the AG SR after the VM?

Also, will i need to strip the car down (aka ````` washing up liquid) to remove all previous layers of wax/super resin/gloss so that the clay bar can remove the debris from `underneath` them?

One last thing, if anyone in the UK wants to add anything to my orders let me know ie microfibre cloths from pakshack :)

Thanks for the imformative forum and sorry for my first long post

tnoy66
04-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi Tony, :welcome to autopia

As you`ve noticed there`s plenty more idiots.........errrrrrrrr car nutts from :brit on here

As you`re interested in the Vanilla Moose, I`d say get the Carnauba Moose Wax instead of the P21s and the Clearkote claybar and Quickshine instead of the Megs clay, it isn`t a great one.

Some pics of CMW over VM are here http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35136

Where in UK are you and what car/colour have you got??

Lowejackson
04-16-2004, 04:54 PM
I would stay away from the ````` liquid. The washing/clay/polish will remove all the old stuff.

Be careful with your choice of polish, dont just use a strong polish simply because you have some. Buy the polish to fix whatever problem you have.

Dont discount Autoglym, I have found the more technique I gain the more I like Autoglym.

Let us know how you get on with the Moose products.

imported_Tonyz
04-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the advice people. Im from the Bucks area, and drive a peugeot 306, sigma blue-metallic `96. I seem to have quite a few swirls all over the paint, so thought the clay and glaze would get rid of these..

Also wondering if anyone wants any other products for when i order on monday?

Thanks again :)