PDA

View Full Version : VM on textured trim...NO!!!

breakneckvtec
04-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, I misread a thread here and ran into a problem. On the smooth plastic trim areas VM worked great for me, cleaned it up nice. However, I put it on the textured areas as well by mistake and now I got a white stained mess on those areas. I have black again, I havent had a chance to use it yet and was wondering if I should give this a go on those areas? How do I apply? I was going to use a terry cloth and just work it into the trim and let it sit till the end of the day and wash the car tommorow evening.

Also, a bit off topic. I used EX-P on my car and loved the look. However, after 4 consecutive days of rain here in NJ I noticed an emergence of residue on my paint, in crevices, and on trim areas. I think a simple wash and a going around the car with some soapy water and q-tips will get it from the cracks with no problem. However I didnt notice any missed areas when I buffed it out a few days ago. Then, after the rain, the emergence of these patches of residue just showed up. Oh well, I guess its nothing big, but its a bit of peeve after the car looked so good and now it looks kinda crappy.

Jcrawford
04-15-2004, 02:24 PM
spread peanut butter on it and let it sit for a few mins. then hose or pressure wash it off. works like a charm.

Spilchy
04-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Use EO A2Z wheel cleaner and a toothbrush for the stained trim. Works great

Hose off well and follow up with the Black Again

imported_jgv
04-15-2004, 02:50 PM
I use a tooth brush as-well but with Megs #39, it`s the best plastic & vinyl cleaner I know.

VM wouldn`t be hard to remove anyway.

About the EX-P, it`s lasting as much as WG on my car, keeping the same looks.

Scottwax
04-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Follow the other`s suggestions for the trim.

As far as EX-P, you may have applied it to thickly (which is easy to do since it is a thick product) which caused the excessive residue.

imported_edschwab1
04-21-2004, 12:38 AM
JGV is right about #39. #39 is available at Baot and RV stores. Another option is Deep Down from Top of the Line.

Eric