PDA

View Full Version : scratch remover and wax recommendation?

astrakid_slx
04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
I have been using the discontinued fine cut cleaner from meguiars for scratch and swirl removal but it doesnt work as well as i want it to to remove them, has anyone had a good experience with meguiars scratch X or Mothers scratch remover? or any other products from these companies. I cant decide on a good one step wax to use regularly as im a fanatic and spend hrs a week on my car:D and was wondering what u guys would recommend out of the meguiars and mothers range as in AUS many other brands in the reviews section arent available here. I have been using poly sealant and that is a good product and i recently used gold class wax and wasnt blown away by the finish and am wondering if theres something better out there from these companies?

Also, if anyone is interested in seeing my little astra visit my page (http://adamsastra.blotsort.com) , the paint isnt totally worked in these pics but is after a simple wash and looks pretty good for 15 yr old original paint, hope u like guys, would like to see what u guys think.

thanks heaps guys, cya

Mr Monk
04-15-2004, 11:12 AM
I forgot that you guys drive on the wrong side of the road!!! (only kidding!) :p

Welcome to the boards Adam. It`s great to see fellow obsessive detailers from down under.

I`m sure you`ll get many opinions on a cleaner/wax. My experience has been with Megs #6 (tan bottle). Excellent product. Mothers makes a good one too. I`m sure these are easily available where you live.

I`m a fan of Clearkote products and they make a great one step called Moose Wax. I love their Vanilla Moose (a glaze) which does a super job at removing fine scratches and putting on a deep wet shine.

I`ve used Scratch-X with good results, both by hand and with a PC. For opinions on Meguiars I`d go to showcargarage.com and ask their resident expert Mike Phillips about their stuff.

Like you I love spending many hours with my car and I`ve found that once I got the paint where I wanted it that my regimen of VM followed by a carnuba wax (#26 or P21S) gives it a look that is second to none.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

04BlackAV
04-15-2004, 01:02 PM
I`ve used Scratch X before.I used it on the tailgate of my Black Chevy Avalanche.After a couple of buff`s it removed the scuff I was working on and I also did the whole tailgate with it and topped it with some Z5.Here`s the results.

uk-will
04-15-2004, 01:18 PM
wow !! awesome clarity, v-e-r-y reflective !!! :cool:

will

ps. if you dont want to use megs/mothers, cant you ship stuff in ? thats what we do here in the uk :D get a few of you together and split the shipping. alternatively buy some stock and start your own small online sales for all the ozzie car nuts !! :xyxthumbs

I feel a franchise business coming on :D

will

Mr Monk
04-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Hey 04BlackAV, I call that a self portrait!

NIce shine !

Is that a nikon digital??

04BlackAV
04-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Dr Groove

Is that a nikon digital??

Thanks all...

Dr Groove that is a Nikon CoolPix.