PDA

View Full Version : Why can`t I find any clay???!!!

Namirrem
04-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Title basically says it all.........I live in a densely populated area, albeit Alabama - I`ve gone to Autozone, Advanced Auto Parts, Wal-Mart, and Target. I cannot find any clay whatsoever. Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? I`d really like to wax the car this weekend, but want to do it right - I`ll be ordering off the net in the future, for sure. I`ve never clayed before, and am anxious to see the results. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Big Leegr
04-15-2004, 08:30 AM
If you go to a store such as NAPA with a part #, they can get you pretty much anything from Meguiar`s line within a day or so. You can get the # on Meg`s website. If you want to go with Mother`s clay, go to their website and search for a retailer near you. If you have an Auto Magic dealer listed in the phone book, they could sell you Clay Magic clay.

Sorry I can`t be more help to you, but I`m not from around there!

jasonatv22
04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Clay Magic is at Autozone.

If you go there and can`t see it, say "Where is the clay magic?" and a little red shirted droog will come point to it.

It`s the only reason I ever go to Autozone. I`m more an Advance Auto kind of guy. ;)

Bill D
04-15-2004, 11:24 AM
I`ve always found Clay Magic in Pep Boys, but was able to jump on the $5 clearance WalMart had in FL

tom p.
04-15-2004, 11:45 AM
clay in any retail auto parts store in my area. My local body shop supply store does carry the Meguiar`s "mild" and "aggressive" clays.

imported_BretFraz
04-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I`m with Tom, check out local auto body supply stores. They`re in the phone book. Many carry products from 3M and Meguiars. The 3M clay is excellent; clay bars are nice and big.

I`ve never seen clay at Target but it`s always at Pep Boys and usually at most NAPA auto parts stores.

Clay Magic has been closed out at WalMart but you might get lucky and find some on the clearance shelves, near the tires dept. I picked up three kits for $5 each.

kpounds
04-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Here`s what I usually see in the local auto parts stores. Its the Clay Magic Kit #88250. Here`s a picture of it http://www.automagic.com/specialt.htm

It might be a good idea to call around to make sure a store carries it before making a trip.

jasonatv22
04-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Before driving, use the phone and call an AutoZone. Let your fingers do the walkin`.

forrest@mothers
04-15-2004, 08:50 PM
In BHM, Advance Auto has our clay, and AutoZone has Clay Magic. If O`Reilly Auto has stores there, they have our clay also.