PDA

View Full Version : any good instalers of Clear Bra in MA?

vapore0n
04-15-2004, 08:04 AM
Planning on getting a new car and want the clear bra install at dealer before I even take the car out. Anyone know of a good installer that can do in house installs? or has anyone here in MA ever gotten a clear bra install at the Billerica Tint King? Thats the closest place to the dealer and my house, so I could arrange to get my car there using back roads.

dmichael
05-07-2004, 02:55 PM
vapore0n

The guy at Ultrashield of NE in Medfield, MA is an incompetant boob, he messed up my car big time. Not only did the install look lousy with poor coverage and trapped dirt, air bubbles and creases, he also cut through the material and through my brand new car`s paint with a razor knife (hood mirrors and bumper). I got a full refund, now I am looking for a good installer too. Let me know if you find one that is half decent, I don`t care how much it costs or where in MA I have to travel to, just as long as they do a good job.

vapore0n
05-07-2004, 03:04 PM
:eek:

Ill take note of that place.

I saw over the net that the Tint King was a qualified place for the X-Pel clear bra. Havent contated them yet though but you can start there. People say good things about ther installs of tints. Ive done tints and its almost the same type of job.

Also, I just saw that the dealer has a guy that does installs. The dealer price is 395$, the msrp is 695$ for the install on the STI. Its cheaper for the other models. The company is autobah or something like that. I think that company offers to come to your place to do the job (as they said in the Boston car show last year)

dmichael
05-07-2004, 03:18 PM
I had Autobahnd do my last car, they did not do such a great job either, so I complained and they corrected the problems. They came to my house to re-do the areas that had air bubbles and creases, and they did not use a razor knife anywhere on the car, all the lines were computer cut, not jagged as if cut by hand with a razor. I have to say, the guy they sent was excellent and did a great job fixing the mess the first guy created. The problem with most of these guys is that they tend to race through the install as fast as they can. The fixit guy took almost 3 hours, and he was not doing the whole car, just parts of it. Autobahnd has an office in Mansfield, MA, I`d give them a call before you decide to go with them. Your car seems pretty easy to do, but no matter, it will look horrible after a hack has been working on it.