PDA

View Full Version : Help! How to remove Zaino streaks?

deano
04-15-2004, 01:20 AM
I just polished my black Mazda3 on the weekend with Zaino, and have a little problem. I did the following steps on Sunday (temp ~ 17degC=60degF):

-Dawn wash

-clay bar

-Z7 wash

-Z5 w/ zfx

-Z6

-Z5 w/ zfx

-Z6

Monday (temp ~11degC=50degF)

-Z6

-Z2 w/ zfx

-Z6

I used the zaino applicator pad, spritzed with Z6 to apply the polish. The coats were so thin, it was difficult to see. Unfortunately, I was doing all of this in my garage, whre the lighting was not too good. The Z5 seemed to go on and come off well, and the car looked good, but the Z2 was much more difficult to remove-I did the finger test before removing. I buffed it out and applied a final coat of Z6, but when I took the car out the next day, the paint looked dull in places-like the polish had streaked or was not fully buffed out. How do I remove these streaks? To further complicate matters, we had a spring snowstorm today in Edmonton (about 4 inches of wet snow). Will this at all affect removing the streaks?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I wanted to give you guys all the information you might need to help me out. Thanks in advance for your replies.

rstype
04-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Go outside or somewhere with enough lighting to be able to see the streaks. Spritz some Z6, wipe it down, and see if that helps. The worst case scenario is likely rewashing your car with Z7.