PDA

View Full Version : A little nervous about QEW`ing my black car

Pages : [1] 2

TGates
04-13-2004, 10:35 PM
I couldn`t take it anymore. After reading all the raves here on the forum about QEW, I had to order some. Got two bottles for $10 bucks...what a deal. Besides, there have been countless times I have wanted to gloss up my car late at night, when busting the hose out was out the question, and there was too much dust present to QD without reservation.

I guess I just need some reassuring pats on the back that I will be okay QEW`ing my precious, swirl-free black paint. :nixweiss

Scottwax
04-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I have no qualms using QEW on the black RR Phantom on my homepage.

TGates
04-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Well then I`m gonna go out on a limb and say it`s okay for my G35 :D Seriously, that does say a lot of for the product. I can`t wait to try it.

Blk_Mach
04-13-2004, 11:51 PM
german clearcoats are softer than american :shocked

TGates
04-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, my car is Japanese....not sure where their clearcoat falls, but I`m goin` for it anyways. If all else fails, I can bust out the 1ZPP and start over. No biggie.

scottabir
04-14-2004, 06:01 AM
now thats the spirit :D, I use QEW 99% of the time to wash my black car and I`ve only seen a few marks...but that was from my technique not the QEW. Have fun.

6cyl's_of_fury
04-14-2004, 06:27 AM
I done my black car a few times now, and if your anything like me, I doubt you`ll go back to a conventional wash.....

imported_Luster
04-14-2004, 07:36 AM
I have completely quit "hose-washing" after using QEW.

The only exception is if the car is loaded with mud, salt, etc.....(it hurts me to say that!). I actually used QEW in the middle of winter in my garage for a "salt-caked" black car, and I had to wash it twice. But still worked great. No streaks, no scratches.

If your car is really caked with dirt, make sure your MF wash towel is saturated with water/QEW.

But for a "moderately dirty" car that`s been driven a few times in the rain or has road grime, QEW`s the best.

Carl Anderson
04-14-2004, 08:00 AM
Since I aquired QEW I have been using it on my 03 Jet Black M3. Since it reduces the time so much, I have no difficulty doing a biweekly wash. I love the product.

jasonatv22
04-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by 04_BLK_MACH1

german clearcoats are softer than american :shocked

Regardless of this being beside the point, I`m not sure you`re right. Sure, Mercedes is a little soft, or so I`ve heard, but Audi has some rigid paint. In fact, when I plan on repainting (2010?) I`ll probably find out the OEM paint on some Audi for getting my Mazda repainted.

::End Threadjack::

Bill D
04-14-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Postwood

Regardless of this being beside the point, I`m not sure you`re right. Sure, Mercedes is a little soft, or so I`ve heard, but Audi has some rigid paint.

Yes, black Audi clear can be quite difficult to polish :(

Scottwax
04-14-2004, 11:37 PM
The new Mercedes with the PPG CeramiClear clearcoats have a pretty tough paint job!

runnerbl
04-15-2004, 01:04 AM
What`s the difference in using QEW, Spray and Wipe, Clearkotes Detailer, etc.

Brian

PakShak
04-15-2004, 01:11 AM
Brian...

Both PB S&W or ClearKote QuikShine QD are not formulated to work like QEW.

http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm

"Use ½ ounce (1 capful) of Quick & Easy Wash in a bucket with two quarts water for an average size car. Use one ounce per gallon for larger vehicles. Quick & Easy Wash safely loosens and lifts dirt eliminating the need to rinse with water. Wash a section at a time then just chamois, towel or squeegee dry."

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

Chris Y.
04-15-2004, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

The new Mercedes with the PPG CeramiClear clearcoats have a pretty tough paint job!

I`ve got two Benz`s with the new clear and they are indeed very tough. I noticed my Pewter SL has an extremely tough clear...The Black E I still take very careful measures when washing or QD`ing.

Still...I wouldn`t let my guard down... I`ve seen swirls on some other E`s and S`s with the new clears just after dealer prep. :shocked

But hey...QEW on the Phantom...You`ve gotta be doing something right!