PDA

View Full Version : First try on DACP

Pages : [1] 2

Kenji
04-13-2004, 09:30 AM
i washed, clayed, washed, then

i used the dacp with yellow pad,

it removed all the swirls,

but there are still very light scratches.

it was my first time try the PC too.

from 4 to 6 till the dacp was gone.

my arms are still shaking

do i have to try something stronger?

please advise.

scottabir
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
I think the exact opposite actually, you may be seeing the hazing/small scratches from the DACP...I would try to use a swirl free polish or some other light polish to see if it goes away.

Kenji
04-13-2004, 09:36 AM
the pic was taken after clay

Kenji
04-13-2004, 09:41 AM
:bow

I dont know how to take the pic of the light scratches,

it look very good on the pic, but there is some very light straight line. :bow

Kenji
04-13-2004, 09:42 AM
plus the pad leave residue

scottabir
04-13-2004, 09:46 AM
what type of pad did you use? its hard to tell if there is some hazing above the light in the picture or if it is just reflection. Do you have anything less aggressive on hand?

Kenji
04-13-2004, 09:56 AM
i used lake country yellow pad.

the dacp was like cream,

after i shaked the gallon of Dacp a bit.

i am pretty sure those are very light straight line scratches.

Kenji
04-13-2004, 10:23 AM
this is one of the light straight scratches.

scottabir
04-13-2004, 10:37 AM
I see it now :D I also see you in your original post you used a yellow pad...:doh. Did you polish that area for 2 hours (4-6)? *I* would try to do the DACP on that area once more before going to something stronger, maybe try using a polishing pad instead of a cutting pad, I seem to get bettter results that way but thats just me. Did you apply a lot of product to the pad/surface?

*Edit* Maybe someone with stronger DACP knowledge can chime in here :nixweiss

Dave N
04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
Maybe that`s a true scratch rather than a swirl mark (or micro-marring). Can you feel it with your fingernail? If you only see these here and there, it may be something that the PC will not remove. I have a few like that on my truck that won`t polish out with the PC.

If you haven`t done so already, hit the scratched areas again with the DACP and moderate pressure, or try some Meguiar`s ScratchX -- just my thoughts...

breakneckvtec
04-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Seems to be a scratch that may be a bit too deep for removal. I got some here and there, theres nothing really you can do. I would recomend using a polishing pad with some VM to follow the DACP and those last little imperfections wont be visible and to the people passing your car it will look perfect. :xyxthumbs

Kenji
04-13-2004, 03:09 PM
4 to 6 was the speed i used.

i can barely feel the light scratches.

should i try smr 39009?

or any recommandation?

breakneckvtec
04-13-2004, 03:18 PM
The object of polishing is to get the paint as close to perfect as you can, with keeping in mind the preservation of the clear as a priority. I say, leave it alone, give it a once over with VM and then your wax of choice and it wont be noticeable. Thats really so small its not worth going after at this point.

Kenji
04-13-2004, 11:59 PM
I tried to DACP again today, I still couldn`t remove the light straight line scratches. :(

things i used today:

"yellow pad, DACP, PC from 4th to 6th speed"

i could remove those very light light swirls. but i counldnt remove the light scratches.

the PC vibrated alot. when it hit 5. my hands are sore:(

Can someone advise me

should i try something more abrasive than DACP?

if so, which of the following should i try?

MEGUIAR’S BODY SHOP PROFESSIONAL COMPUND POWER CLEANER HEAVY CUT #84

3M PERFECT-IT III EXTRA CUT RUBBING COMPOUND 05936

MEGUAIR’S MIRROR GLAZE HEAVY CUT CLEANER #4

3M IMPERIAL MICRO FINISHING COMPOUND MEDIUM CUT 39001

MEGUIAR’S MIRROR GLAZE MEDIUM-CUT CLEANER #1

3M PERFECT-IT III RUBBING COMPOUND 05933

:bow

plus i found that after using the DACP my yellow pad turned black, but my paint was fine, can anyone tell me why?

jasonatv22
04-14-2004, 08:49 AM
We`ve been having a lot of posts with new PC users using DACP and a yellow pad not getting the results they are looking for. In each case, it seems they are cutting too much. General concensus, and I`m just repeating as I`m a hand person, is white pad it, and pick something gentler.