PDA

View Full Version : Confused....1Z or Menzerna...Couple of Questions

imported_ChaoticBliss
04-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Stats:

1989 Cougar Single Stage White Paint with some minor scratches, swirl marks and discolouration.

Products:

Menzerna IP followed by FP

1Z UP followed by PP

both with PC

Questions:

Are both of these products safe on single stage paint?

Can both of them be topped with the full Zaino process?

So which would be better in my case? Or will they pretty much accomplish the same task?

Also, I can only seem to find 1Z Extra Paintwork Cleanser in my area. Is this the same as the UP? It is advertized as "Aggressive cleaner for dull and weathered paintwork with aggressive polishing action. Removes oxidized paint layers and light scratches and restores depth of color. Cleans and protects. With weather-resistant protective agents and a streak-free result. Special silicone ensures a long-lasting shine. Not recommended for use on new cars. "

Thanks guys

imported_ChaoticBliss
04-14-2004, 11:18 AM
No one has any help for me?

kustomsol
04-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I would suggest using the 1Z extra Paintwork Cleanser, then since it contains "additives", wash with Dawn and then use Zaino`s Z-5 plus ZFX. (Z-2 plus ZFX if you`re really happy with the way it looks after the 1Z). I`m assuming this is the original paint on a 15 year old car.

Accumulator
04-14-2004, 12:10 PM
ChaoticBliss- The 1z products I`ve used are the Ultra, Paint, and Metallic polishes. The one you mentioned sounds a LOT like the Ultra. If it is, you will have to follow it with a milder product, it (the Ultra) leaves not-so-micro marring.

I haven`t used the Menzerna IP yet, but I *think* the UP is more aggressive, it`s pretty strong stuff. I like the 1Z products and use them on both b/c and ss paint.

Plenty of people prefer the Menzerna polishes, and you wouldn`t have to remove anything left behind before using Zaino (the 1Z polishes leave wax).

1Z vs. Menzerna is sorta a Coke vs. Pepsi topic. In *your* case, I might go with the Menzerna (or Meg`s, or some 3M PI-III stuff).