PDA

View Full Version : Testing the new waxes

imported_Larry A
04-12-2004, 03:05 PM
OK whos going to do a compare test on the new consumer waxes, Turtle Wax Ultra, Eagle One Nano ,Dupont Teflon , and compare these to NXT, and Color X and the other cleaner waxes like Meguiars cleaner wax, Gold Class, #6, Mothers cleaner wax, Reflection, and Eagle One Wet

Scottwax
04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Looks like you are because I am not going out and buying all that stuff! :p

JustinR32
04-12-2004, 10:10 PM
I tested TWU, and epbcivicsi tested the nanerwax. If you test the Dupont Teflon, then we`ll have a clean sweep!

TWU, a decent shelf wax, you could do worse. EOnaner, a decent shelf wax, you could do better, I think was the general verdict.

My opinion is, the products for the masses have taken a dramatic turn for the better in the last year. That is another indication to me that the hobby of car care is definitely taking off... in the wrong direction, a product oriented rather than process oriented direction, but taking off nonetheless. NP, just another opportunity to answer the "how did you do that?" question.

A wax shopper today can choose from TWU, EOnaner, DuPT, GC, NXT, Hot Wheels, Reflections, Cal Gold, 3 Step, Meg`s Cleaner... not really a bad set of choices.

Tom

Tom

Corey Bit Spank
04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Somebody also tested that Prestone "Synthetic" wax and it didn`t do too bad for a off the shelf wax. :)

imported_Larry A
04-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Looks like you are because I am not going out and buying all that stuff! :p Ok Ok Ill test something. Seems like TW and Nano are taken, Ill have to test Teflon.

scottabir
04-13-2004, 08:49 AM
be sure to see if it really takes 600 deg to adhere to the surface for us :D j/k please dont do that.

jasonatv22
04-13-2004, 11:14 AM
I bought the nano (free w/ rebate I lost) and ColorX. ColorX is a good synthetic cleaner wax. I like it. It`s not amazing or anything, but it works and it`s OTC everywhere. Nano...oh, Nano, where did your mother and I go wrong?

I think my wife`s silver car, which can take any product, will get lots of Nanowax, as it was splotchy on my car. As for people saying that it`s non-abrasive...I`m not so sure, as my black non-clearcoated paint let off some blackness after having the ColorX done just two weeks before.

I wont judge it by just one application though. And, really, I only did my hood with the Nano. And Nano beads exactly like ColorX.

ColorX seems to be lasting long enough that I have no interest in doing a durability test.

Scottwax
04-13-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by lawrencea

Ok Ok Ill test something. Seems like TW and Nano are taken, Ill have to test Teflon.

I`m just so tested out right now, Wolfgang, Menzerna, 1Z, EX-P, 3M, Grojet, Klasse, etc. Just can`t handle anything else right now. ;)

imported_Larry A
04-14-2004, 08:50 AM
I realy wanted to try Turtle Ultra . 3 weeks ago I went to the Volo car museum were they use Turtle Ultra on their cars , and boy did them cars stand tall.