PDA

View Full Version : When to use EX vs. EX-P???

imported_COBRyan
04-12-2004, 02:19 PM
I have both Poorboys EX and EX-P in my arsenal and I was just curious to know when a situation would arise that one would be better than the other? I am a little confused (I know EX has carnauba) as to which product to use and why there is a whole lot of difference. I mean we usually put a carnauba topper on EX-P (and sometimes EX for that matter!), so why not just use EX all the time?

Can someone give examples of situations where one product might be better than the other?

:up

breakneckvtec
04-12-2004, 02:36 PM
I would just use whatever one you are feeling at the moment. Being autopian I am sure you will have plenty of chances to switch between the two until you find your favorite...or heck, maybe just keep switching for fun :cool:

Chris Y.
04-12-2004, 02:41 PM
For darker colors, I like EX for the extra depth that the added caranuba that EX has in it. Light colors, EX-P for the awesome clarity and wet-look.

But I`ve used both on light and dark colors with great results. :)

Don`t be afraid to experiement :)

-Chris

imported_COBRyan
04-12-2004, 03:38 PM
All I know is the EX products seem to last forever! It will take me a year just to put a dent in the bottle lol. I think you are right Chris Y. I noticed the EX-P looked a little clearer than EX on my yellow Mustang.

Scottwax
04-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I agree with COBRyan-EX has a clearer look than EX-P. Sort of like the difference between Meguiars #16 and #26.

Use whichever one you think looks best on the particular color you are using it on.

Scottwax
04-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Oh, I forgot to add something....since EX-P has a more clear look, it isn`t very good at filling micro swirls and scratches so I`d go with EX w/Carnauba if you don`t want (or have time) to get the paint as flawless as possible.