PDA

View Full Version : Gunk (brand) Car Care Products??

Kleanride
04-12-2004, 12:33 PM
I was flipping thru the ads in the paper yesterday and Fleet Farm had a line of Gunk car care products which included a foaming glass cleaner, rim cleaner, tire shine, and carpet cleaner.

Anyone try these? I am interested in the glass cleaner...I LOVE foaming glass cleaners for some reason.

I might just have to pick up one of each....at $1.77 each, I don`t think one can go wrong!

:wavey

Big Leegr
04-13-2004, 09:37 AM
The Gunk line is OK, but not terribly amazing, IMO.

If you`re looking for foaming glass cleaner, I recall Fleet Farm carrying a Sprayway foaming glass cleaner, not in the blue and white retro can, but in a blue "cloudy" can, with a picture of a waterfall on the front. It`s ammonia free, smells like the retro stuff, and is the same size (19 oz.). I think it was $2.49 last year (when I saw it).

Then of course, there is the Buck Store Specials. If you care to do some research, you`ll see that many of the brands are made by the same comp., just re-labelled. And all for a buck!:bounce

I just remembered-most of the $1.00 ones have ammonia.:nono

jasonatv22
04-13-2004, 11:03 AM
I bought a can of the Gunk window cleaner when I couldn`t find Stoners. It`s no Stoners. I`m not very fond of it. I`m using EO 20/20 now for glass.

2wheelsx2
04-13-2004, 11:30 AM
The GUNK glass cleaner is not great. I have used it. Prone to streaking. I now use 20/20 and love it.

Kleanride
04-13-2004, 12:30 PM
ok, not getting the warm fuzzys about Gunk...sticking with 20/20 and Showcar foaming cleaner....

Sprayway sounds interesting and the price is right!