View Full Version : Purchased new PC; need help on which product to use

99SVTCobra
04-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Hello all,

First post here. After hearing about the PC for awhile now, I finally purchased one. Most people, including myself, say my car (black 99 Cobra) is in great condition. I`ve used the clay bar and Zaino products (Z5, Z2 and Z6 spray) for about 2 years. So actually I have two seperate questions.....

1. For my car it looks great. Reflection is high in my opinion when comparing it to other black cars. However, I can see spiderweb swirls in the paint when in the sunlight. Zaino can`t seem to hide them. So now that I have the PC, what would you recommend?? I`m unclear if I can use the 3M Swirl Remover and then add Zaino over it. I would describe the swirl marks on the car as minor.

Here`s what I have at my disposal

-PC with the velcro backing plate, and all the main pads (wool, orange, etc.)

-Zaino Z2, Z5, Z6, and ZFX

-ClearKote Vinilla Moose and Wax

-3M Perfect It Swirl Remover

-3M Perfect It Fine Cut (Is that right?)

2. The other question is, I want to help my friends detail their exterior. Another black Cobra and a Metallic Blue GT. These are moderate to heavy swirls. Could you describe what pads/products you would try?

If I need a different product for the described problems, please let me know. Sorry if I sound like a newbie....I know some stuff about my cars drivetrain, but not much about actual detailing of the paint :o .

Thanks everyone!!