PDA

View Full Version : Process query

Ryan328is
04-12-2004, 07:19 AM
I`ve just received my NXT tech wax this morning and have also just ordered #16 from David @ autopia:up

My query is, I plan to use deep crystal paint cleaner and follow up with NXT and top with #16.

Is this a good combination or should I add another step?

At the moment I`m using deep crystal step`s 1 & 2 and waxing with P21s. (sometimes replace DC2 with OG omega glaze)

jasonatv22
04-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Another person asked about this, and I would say that it should work fine, but I`m not totally sure if Step 2 doesn`t have some carnuba in it. And, frankly, I`m not sure that it would matter that it did, but I tend to think of all polymer sealants a little like we do with Zaino, basically that it won`t stick to any wax.

Sounds like your old/current system would make for good results too, but the NXT should last you longer.

Ryan328is
04-12-2004, 08:00 AM
I`ve also read that NXT has cleaning properties, If I applied deep crystal polish (stage 2) before the NXT would the NXT remove it?

Ryan

jasonatv22
04-12-2004, 02:46 PM
The polish shouldn`t leave anything if it`s a pure polish, which I think it might be.

I`m not concerned about NXT removing anything. I was concerned that Step 2 was part glaze and would interfere with the adhesion of the NXT. But, since we keep seeing posts about people wondering about this, and then not reporting back, I`d assume that it worked just fine.

Ryan328is
04-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Change of plan.

After a few orders being placed, my new process is going to be:

NXT

My paint`s in good shape with only a few very light swirls so no need for DAPC