PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody first post wat u think of these mats

fusionnv
04-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Argh, dealing with carpet mats have been a bit too much for me this winter. I been looking into all season mats. I wanted the opinion of your guys.

Mats (http://www.griotsgarage.com/search.jsp?searchtext=92362&search.x=8&search.y=9)

I thinking of the tan one, I have a 98 Acura CL with tan interior. It seems a bit pricey but I guess there is a differnce between fitted ones and ones at the local autozone that you fit with a knife.

III
04-11-2004, 02:59 PM
I thinking of the tan one, I have a 98 Acura CL with tan interior. It seems a bit pricey but I guess there is a differnce between fitted ones and ones at the local autozone that you fit with a knife. [/B][/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. I however would probably never pay that kind of money for mats, however, if these are really that good I might consider it.

thinksnow
04-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Are those the actual Weather Tech mats or are they Griot`s branded mats?

GoodnClean
04-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Those are GREAT mats. We have them in all our cars for the winter.

They are the WeatherTech mats, just sold by Griots like they always do. Actually though he didnt mark them up this time! Thats what they cost.

WeatherTech also sells a carpeted version at www.weathertech.com

Small price to pay considering a new set of mats for my car costs $170.

imported_neoflex
04-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I always use those types of mats in all my vehicles. Except I use clear ones so I can still se the original floor color and embroidary in the stock carpeted mats. I usually just run down to PepBoys and get the front and rears for about $45.

GoodnClean
04-11-2004, 09:22 PM
They`re not the same though. The WeatherTech mats are so great because they`re more rubber than they`re plastic, so they still feel soft under your feet and they hold like a gallon of water a peice.

Plus they`re precision cut to exactly fit the footwells unlike the generic Pepboys ones. Definately worth the $$.

fusionnv
04-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by GoodnClean

Those are GREAT mats. We have them in all our cars for the winter.

They are the WeatherTech mats, just sold by Griots like they always do. Actually though he didnt mark them up this time! Thats what they cost.

WeatherTech also sells a carpeted version at www.weathertech.com

Small price to pay considering a new set of mats for my car costs $170.

Yeah i looked around and stuff and can`t find anywhere less. I think they also ship from the manufacteur so they probably don`t see them at all in the company. They probably just get a dealer commission or something to that effect. I posted on another forum also and they said they said they were great. Argh I guess i have to save my pennies and get them.

GoodnClean
04-11-2004, 10:42 PM
The company that makes them (MacNeil Products) probably does their resellers a service and sells them for MSRP themselves. So there`s a certain amount of profit built into the $49.95 price already. A lot of times the company sells their product at a lesser cost and makes money through volume, and thats really rude to the resellers because they don`t have the luxury of being able to afford to do that.

My guess is they probably also have a limit as to what resellers can charge, otherwise Griot would have marked them up like they do everything else.