PDA

View Full Version : `03 10th Anniversary Cobra detail pics

Pages : [1] 2

1 Clean WS6
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Hello all and Happy Easter to you and yours!

Man...did I get spoiled with this detail! Not only was it a gorgeous car but the client dropped the vehicle off at my house!!! I got a small taste of what it must be like to be fixed instead of mobile...brother did I enjoy it! Maybe some day I will consider the switch but for now I`ll just enjoy situations like this when I can.

The vehicle is a 10th Anniversay edition 2003 Mustang Cobra. A gorgeous Snake that will one day most likely be worth some good money. The car had just under 13K on it and is the client`s daily driver. The paint finish was in reasonably good shape with some light swirling but had seen an automated car wash or two and as such had some scratches on the hood and fenders.

The detail:

Wash with Meg`s Gold Class shampoo

Polish with Meg`s #83 DACP with my PC set at 5 using a Meg`s 8006 pad. I`d say 98% of the spider webbing was gone and the deeper scratches were dramatically lightened. Another session or two with this combo and the paint will get even better.

Glaze with ClearKote`s Vanilla Moose with my PC set at 4 using a Meg`s 9006 pad. This deepened the color of the paint and added a very nice "wet-look".

Seal with ClearKote`s Carnuba Moose wax by hand. I applied two coats of the CMW about 8-10 hours apart (the Cobra was left overnight) and can honestly say that the second coat produced a noticable difference in the paint. The paint went from looking just wet to looking soaking wet with the second coat!

Please excuse my less than stellar pics with this detail. The lighting in my driveway at the time of the photo`s stunk and on top of it all it`s pollen season down here in Georgia. That means if a vehicle is outside for even less than a minute a fine coat of tree sperm coats it!!! I hate this time of year even worse than the winter!!!!

Enjoy,

Mike:cool:

Before

1 Clean WS6
04-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Before...

1 Clean WS6
04-11-2004, 09:03 AM
After...

This photo was taken about 1:00am in my garage after I was done applying the first coat of CMW.

1 Clean WS6
04-11-2004, 09:05 AM
After outside (sorry again for the crappy lighting).....

1 Clean WS6
04-11-2004, 09:08 AM
This car had been outside less than a minute when this photo was taken!! Look at all the pollen on the glass and top of the door!!! It`s enough to drive a detailer mad I tell you!!

1 Clean WS6
04-11-2004, 09:10 AM
Last one...

Awesome car, awesome client and an awesome situation for me!!

Redcar GUY
04-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Cobra looks great! I dont care for the wheels.. I only do cars out of my garage, and yes it is nice. A few more and maybe you will make the switch ;)

2veloce
04-11-2004, 10:27 AM
Looks very nice

stilez
04-11-2004, 10:31 AM
WoW! The detail looks amazing! VERY reflective.

Scottwax
04-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Nice! Turned out really good!

I know what you mean about the pollen. It seems to be finally letting up here. Pretty horrible for a few weeks though.

Pats300zx
04-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Wow.. nice work.... Dont you just hate pollen :mad:

imported_eggroll
04-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Great work, and nice garage. :bigups

bigguy
04-11-2004, 02:52 PM
1 Clean WS6, I did a 2002, Silver, Lexus and 2003, Black, Toyota Camry this week and the pollen was severe. I am out of Atlanta/Stone Mountain area. I hope the rain we get this weekend will wash all the pollen away and it is over for the year.

Your car looks great, beautiful job.

LouisanaJeeper
04-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6

This car had been outside less than a minute when this photo was taken!! Look at all the pollen on the glass and top of the door!!! It`s enough to drive a detailer mad I tell you!!

Ahh! reminds me of exactly how my GT looks 1 minute after pulling out of the garage. (2 big trees right next to the drive).

Are those 315`s on the back?

imported_Terry
04-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Great work Mike. We have the same pollen conditions in Charlotte. I have four details planned this week. I`m usually disappointed with rain in the forecast but not this week. We`re in a no win situation. :nixweiss I`ll be glad to reschedule the details & my clients will appreciate it too. I finally got my order from Megs...& plan to use #16 for the 1st time.