PDA

View Full Version : good starter polishes?

dcswd
04-10-2004, 10:13 PM
well I just got a pc (yippie!)

Now I need some polish/swirl mark removers

I need something that is versatile. Something that I can use on many different types of cars. Right now, I only have megs #9, so I`m basically starting with nothing.

I was thinking about going wit the 1z UPP, PP, MP products but before I buy them, I was looking for more input.

The most important thing is that I need something that I can use on a wide variety of paint conditions. These 1z products seem to fit that requirement, but would I be better off using something else since I`m just getting started out with the PC?

Jcrawford
04-10-2004, 10:19 PM
you hit the nail on the head. go with the 1z and you won`t be disappointed. im starting to think that 1z polishes work better with a polishing pad and not a cutting pad. good luck.:xyxthumbs

andriver
04-10-2004, 10:48 PM
Check out this forum http://www.autopia.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=99

Accumulator
04-11-2004, 11:36 AM
dcswd- IMO, the 1Z stuff is THE way to get acquainted with your new PC :xyxthumbs

scottabir
04-11-2004, 11:43 AM
I third the motion for the 1z polishes. I absolutly love them, I think they work great for a beginner and a pro just as well.

*I* find the paint polish is the best to start with with a polishing pad. Many swirls have died from this combo.

Have fun with the new PC!

dcswd
04-11-2004, 12:49 PM
Awesome. The PP with the polishing pad seems to be a popular method. This stuff is exciting lol Thank you for the input, ill be ordering this stuff very soon.

scottabir
04-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I dont think you will be disappointed. :up have fun

Alex Creasey
04-11-2004, 04:07 PM
I have been mightily impressed with the Poorboy`s SSR polishes so far. SSR 2 especially. I`d say it`s inbetween #9 and DACP but, less oily and easier to use (imho). I`ve also found that in the places you can`t reach with a PC it`s also very easy to use by hand.

Hope you have good results with whatever you choose!

Cheers :).