PDA

View Full Version : 3 hours....Just for wash

imported_jgv
04-10-2004, 05:50 PM
Today I detailed *outside only* a car I did last Summer :eek: . I then used UPP that lasted for some months, but it was long gone. As for the car I`m sure it wasn`t even washed since.

It was DIRTY, the rims were dark brown (took me more than 1 hour for them alone), the road grim and dust had changed it`s color from champagne to grey (?!).

Well, after those 3 hours of washing and claying it was like new. After lunch I dressed all trim, buffed the hood and some random scratches here and there with the rotary, orange pad and SSR2, and applied NXT with PC and polishing pad.

The result was very good, the owner even asked if that was his car, and now we have to schedule the interior work.

Now I`m tired ;)

****sorry no pics, but you know how it may look****

LouisanaJeeper
04-10-2004, 07:29 PM
did you charge appropriately?

Scottwax
04-10-2004, 11:00 PM
I know the feeling! I have customers who will want their car cleaned on a certain date so they set the appointment up far in advance and I swear they make no attempt to wash or vacuum the car during that time, even if it is a month. I really don`t get that. :confused:

Seems like it turned out real good for you though. :up

gav'spurplez
04-11-2004, 11:33 PM
I would honestly refuse a detail if the inside of the car is really bad. sometimes we have people at work who spend alot of money on getting thier car serivced so we clean up the car nice. sometimes they ask for the inside to get vacuumed but they have soo much crap everywhere that we do not do it :nono

jet_m3
04-14-2004, 12:21 PM
jgv,

What are your favorite products for dressing plastic, vinyl, and rubber trim? I know you have some stuff we can`t get here yet and wanted to know what you use for each area, thanks.

imported_jgv
04-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Lately I`ve been using Poorboys Trim Restorer and Poorboys Bold n`Brite (for tires). I also use often 1Z TiefenPleger and Gummy pfledge.

jet_m3
04-14-2004, 01:35 PM
nice, thanks player

imported_aqua
04-15-2004, 03:48 AM
Hi

I have experienced this twice. The conclusion I got is that higher income customers used to mantain in better conditions their cars. OBVIOUS!!

Such customers (SUper dirty cars) look for value so only come when their car is extremely dirty. The solution: IMHO to charge accordingly the time invested in his car. I do not focused like this you will have more and more customers like this. And many times even with great effort the car do not end fine enough.

I have experienced the nice business is to detail clean (expensive) cars and leave them perfect. The result is much better. More customers and more profit.

imported_jgv
04-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Yeap! I also never charge less than 125 euros just for the outside :)

imported_aqua
04-15-2004, 04:15 AM
Hi

I charge 160 euros for complete exterior detailing and 190 for SUV.

People pay that to eliminate those roll overs deep swirls. Considering that new painting is around 1800 euros (BMW, Mercedes,..) and several days in a body shop, such price is a bargain.

Streetracer
06-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey there jgv. would that car be the champagne opel (vauxhall) vectra that i saw the last time i went to your house? The one that is detailed once a year and never washed by the owner?

3 hours seems very good, given the state of it!!! Too bad you didn`t take a few pics, it was really DIRTY when i saw it, and i`m sure it ended out glamorous!!!