PDA

View Full Version : Help! I got paint on my leather seats.

SilverLexus
04-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Ouch! :eek:

I noticed I had tracked in some dark blue paint on my black leather seats and it has dried for a few days.

Any ideas or suggestions?

I just received Z9 and Z10 leather care product from Zaino...will they work in this situation?

Is there a better product to use? Could I use Goo Gone or Krud Kutter on a leather seat?

Thanks for your help. I feel really stupid for doing this.

DantePasquale
04-10-2004, 04:49 PM
What knd of paint? I would try water first (if paint is water based). The goo gone should be ok, but test a tiny amount on the seat in a hidden spot first.

SilverLexus
04-10-2004, 05:05 PM
It`s a Sherwin Williams latex indoor semi-gloss.

I should have included this information in the posting.

LouisanaJeeper
04-10-2004, 05:17 PM
is the paint smeared on or is it droplets?

If it is droplets you should be able to pick it off with your fingernails. If it is smeared on it will be difficult to get it out of the grain. I would try lexol leather cleaner and a scrub brush, and step up to simple green if that does not work.

BradE
04-10-2004, 05:39 PM
This is a pretty easy clean up. Get a spray bottle filled with warm (even hot) water. Spray some water on the paint and let it sit for a few minutes. Hit it with a towel and dry the area off. Spray some of the water on it again, and now hit it gently with a toothbrush working in circular motions with light to medium pressure. Repeat this procedue until the paint is gone (depending on how thick the paint is). After you`ve gotten all the paint off with your hot water/towel/toothbrush combo go ahead and hit it with leather cleaner and recondition that area with your favorite leather products.

Problem solved! :wavey

SilverLexus
04-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the help.

I solved the problem with Bretfraz`s help by phone. He suggested Eimann Fabrik Hi Intensity cleaner which I sprayed on a small section of MF detailing towel. I rubbed it in and paint started coming off immediately.

Whew! I am glad we solved this. It didn`t look good.