PDA

View Full Version : Can I fix this? [2x 200k pics]

arannat
04-09-2004, 07:58 PM
I washed my car with dawn today in preparation of breaking out my new PC, orange and white pads, IP and FP. I hope to do the polishing next weekend, but after a good cleaning and some sun I was amazed and horrified at the scratches! Will a rookie like me be able to get out the spider webs, swirls and scratches? How many times will I have to go over it with the IP and orange pad? Guesses?

Man, I remember one wash during the winter that I was a little careless with - maybe that is where it all came from.:(

arannat
04-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Next pic:

arannat
04-09-2004, 08:02 PM
As a second thought, I have been using Z5 up till now as my regular polish, maybe I have been hiding all the marks and now that this is the first time I have let it wear off since I owned the car (2001).

Hmm.

TIA,

Jason

Detailing NY
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
They dont look that deep and should come out. The ones that are on the door and fender look like they will come right out.

What products do you have to use?

stilez
04-09-2004, 08:15 PM
I agree with NYD. They don`t look bad at all. DACP and SFP should take them out.

Detailing NY
04-09-2004, 08:18 PM
Now that I look at the 2nd pic again, the fender marks are not swirls, it looks like something was rubbing up against the panel and caused those marks.

arannat
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
The only abrasive products I have are Menzerna IP and FP, and a 2 year old bottle of 3M SMR. I ordered FMJ after my Zaino ran out last November. I ordered my PC with an orange and 2 white pads. That is all.

The scratches by the handle are from passengers closing the door by pushing on the paint and sliding their hands as it closes. Jerks! My side is beautiful. What do you do? I used to remind passengers but people started looking at me like I was weird.

j

randy98mtu
04-09-2004, 10:01 PM
I`m sure they`ll come right out. My car was a little better than that, but not much. Just posted the results for today`s work here. (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35861) I was very happy with the IP, but disappointed with the FP. Ended up deciding I just didn`t need it. Finished with the Klasse twins.

Is that an Impreza? The lines look very similar.

arannat
04-09-2004, 10:10 PM
It is an impreza. But I don`t have the need for a gauge like you do, as it is a TS familywagon. So no turbo, maybe next time.

j

going to check out your post now...

randy98mtu
04-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I thought that line on the door looked familiar. :)

I have the same problem with people when they close the door. I push on the window sill. It`d be nice if people would use the window. It`s easier to clean than the paint.

arannat
04-09-2004, 10:20 PM
I know what you mean. I almost think about getting invisiguard or something for right there.

Do other cars get scratches right there, or only Imprezas? No other car of mine had that problem, but this is my first black car.

j

Spot
04-09-2004, 11:37 PM
my other cars had scratches there, but they seemed to be worse on the Impreza.

Detailing NY
04-11-2004, 07:54 AM
I have found that it is mainly the girls with the nails that do it to the door and always around the door handle. The usually come right out with a little rubbing.

DantePasquale
04-11-2004, 10:38 AM
the menzerna twins should do the job. let us know how they do