PDA

View Full Version : I tried QEW for the first time today

RobertM
04-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Before trying QEW, I was like everyone else who hasn`t tried it--very skeptical. But I finally went out and bought it. I figured if Scottwax uses it, then it must be good.:cool:

The stuff is absolutely amazing! For anyone out there who is skeptical themselves, you truly have to try it to believe it.

QEW is how I`m going to detail from now on. No more hoses (well, unless it gets muddy or something).

All I used on my Grand Prix was the following:

1 bucket

3 MF towels

Stoner Tarminator

Zaino QuickDetailer

1 Wheel & Fender brush

1 Spoke brush

In the bucket I put 1 gallon of water and 1 oz. of QEW. I used one MF with the QEW to clean with and had the dry MF in hand to dry the panel after cleaning.

After the car was clean, I used the brushes in the remaining QEW to clean the tires and wheels. Worked great.

After I was finished, I cleaned a few tar spots with the Tarminator and the 3rd MF. Then finished up with a once over with the Zaino Z7.

It`s dark right now, but I`ll try to take some pics in the morning.

I was completely amazed with QEW and now a believer too! :bow

Robert

thinksnow
04-09-2004, 07:56 PM
See, you did it when it is 60 outside. Just wait until it is winter again and you own the only shiny car on the block!

Another satisfied customer...

TN9thSi
04-09-2004, 08:51 PM
I`m thinking that I really need to get some QEW the next time I place a detailing supply order. I wanna do some work for cash on the side and am really interested in doing it full-time at some point. I think I should get used to using it now.

Scottwax
04-09-2004, 10:51 PM
Robert-wait until you`ve used it a few times and really get the hang of it. ;)

imported_vindaloo
04-10-2004, 04:23 AM
I really like QEW, but I think it`s much better if you you use the 2 bucket method ensuring your thoroughly rinse your mit or MF after each panel.

imported_memnuts
04-10-2004, 07:39 AM
QEW sounds great but I am still skepical about washing a non-metallic black finish with anything but an abundant amount of pre-rinsing and high lubricity car shampoo. Dragging out the hose and other washing equipment seems to me to be a lot easier than removing wash induced swirls that are normally not really visible until they accumulate over several ill-fated washes.:nixweiss.

I may get some for my silver daily driver just for fun amd testing. Should be a good product to have a wipe down the garage queens that have only dust and normal indoor ambient pollutants prior to a QD`ing. :xyxthumbs

MRL
04-10-2004, 08:07 AM
I am new to the detailing scene. My new car arrives in about a week. What is QEW?

Thanks

tom p.
04-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by MRL

I am new to the detailing scene. My new car arrives in about a week. What is QEW?

Thanks

Welcome to Autopia. QEW (http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm) is a water repelling car wash. Read about it. It`s a unique product.

RobertM
04-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Welcome MRL.

Click here (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32078&highlight=qew+microfiber) for the QEW tutorial that is located in the Hall of Fame section.

Robert.