PDA

View Full Version : How is this setup for black?

Pages : [1] 2

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Looking to remove swirls and minor imperfections (700miles on the car)..first time PC user looking for AMAZING results on black. Nice and Deep and Wet is the goal....well the goal is to have an amazing look ;-)

Clay Magic

DCAP - Yellow Pad

3M PIII MG - White Pad

Menzerna FP - White Pad

Wolfgang Twins - Grey Pad

Clear Kote Quick Shine - Hand

For soap I am looking an 1Z Pearls or WG Bathe. Think I got everything covered for the paint end of the detail

imported_BretFraz
04-09-2004, 03:18 PM
This would be good on a somewhat neglected car but on a new one you might want to start with something milder than DACP. There`s no reason to abrade the paint any more than you have to, especially on a new car. I`d suggest starting with the FP and evaluate. If it needs more bite, go to the 3M and/or switch to the yellow pad. Work small sections at a time to see how things go. You`ll find out pretty quickly what works and what doesn`t.

Have fun!! :up

ZaneO
04-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Should work. Not absolutely necessary to apply the WG twins with the PC. I would also stick with the WG detail spray since that is what it is intended for.

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:23 PM
I was thinking about doing Menzerna IP then

Menzerna FP and MAYBE keeping the 3M PIII instead of the DACP

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Should I look into Menzerna FPII and is there a IPII.

Whats the diff. What is the best clay bar and where can I pick up a PC 7336SP cheap

scottabir
04-09-2004, 03:42 PM
I dont recall an IPII, if you have the FP already might as well use that till its gone first. I think the difference between FP and FPII is the use of an agent to make the polish last longer or stay wetter longer if you will.

I use either claymagic or Meg`s BSP clay.

As for cheap PC, there are many online places that offer it last time I checked for around $129ish or you can buy kits with pads and backing plates too. Just do a search for it.

Check out the good deals forum and see if there are any places listed on there for a pc, you could try ebay too.

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I dont have ANYTHING so using up FP is not my concern. I found the 7424 at Coastal with Hook and Loop (6") and 6" weight for $119.

Then I will order velcro backing pads/polishing pads/waxing/pads when I order my supplies

scottabir
04-09-2004, 03:47 PM
sounds like a good plan :up

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
So the consensus us to replace the DACP and 3M PIII with Menzerna IP (maybe twice) and then FPII and move right on to the Wolfgang Twins

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:52 PM
What would a S100 or Souvern or really good carnuba look like over this all? Even worth it?

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:54 PM
Autogeek has this for 220 bucks

Porter Cable 7424 6†Variable-Speed Polisher

6†Backing Plate

Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer

Auto Bathe

2 Microfiber Detailing Cloths

2 Microfiber Applicator Pads

2 Foam Applicators

Wolfgang Handbook

bboy850
04-09-2004, 04:01 PM
You might want to check out Carcaresmart...I bought my PC, backing plate, 4 LC pads for $270.68CDN. They gave me a 10% discount also and excellent service. :xyxthumbs

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 04:03 PM
If i get nailed for brokerage, its better to just have one giant order from the US and need the wolfgang and Menzerna from there and some other stuff so may as well get it all at once place if I can.

Might order the 7336sp from Carcare though. Good price

ZaneO
04-09-2004, 04:25 PM
You should check out www.detailersparadise.com There is a package deal on a Porter Cable bundle. It would set you up with almost everything you need for $200.

You should really try using the search function once in a while...:)

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 04:26 PM
I try I try but sometimes it does not answer the specifics...and hey, if there were no new threads we would all be bored

I also do not want Einzsett products as I am planning on using the products i mentioned at the top of the thread.

Autogeek has a Wolfgang and PC kit for like 220 bucks but its not the PC i want.

Also, what is the proper backing plate size and what size pads to use?