PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Water

Jesstzn
04-09-2004, 09:42 AM
For those that suffer from water hiding in door handles .. under chrome and around lights and and it dribbles out later while driving or waxing and you don`t have a compressor to blow it out try this.

Its not 100% but any water you can eliminate is a plus.

Go to the local hardware store / wine shop etc and pick up 3` of 1/4" ID 1/16" wall Tygon tubing. By blowing through the tubing as you walk around the car aiming it at the water trouble spots you can blow out an amazing amount of water.

At these places you can also by connectors which can act as little nozzles.

Cheap .. $2 ( tubing size is a +/- you can decide which you like best. Just don`t go too big ID or velocity is lost as you hyperventilate. )

togwt
04-09-2004, 09:55 AM
An alternative:

Before you clean the vehicle exterior mirrors use a ‘shot’ of canned air to remove any water from the rear of the mirror housing and avoid any water running on to the paintwork

andriver
04-09-2004, 10:23 AM
I do the same as TOGWT. Works for me.

Jake11375
04-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by TOGWT

An alternative:

Before you clean the vehicle exterior mirrors use a ‘shot’ of canned air to remove any water from the rear of the mirror housing and avoid any water running on to the paintwork

I never thought of that. Sounds like a good remedy. Thanks for the suggestions. Better than driving like a madman down the interstate before drying the car. :p

former86camaro
04-09-2004, 12:26 PM
I use the leaf blower on occasion ;)

Young_Stallion
04-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Leaf Blower or Compressed air every time.

Bill D
04-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Leaf blower clearly marked "Car Wash Only " :D